Jayden Braaf joins Borussia Dortmund on a permanent deal

The first time he was promoted to first team training he was sent back down to the EDS because his attitude was so bad.

Since then I've assumed he's not making it here.

It's so depressing to hear things like that.

These kids have the chance to earn a fantastic living and enjoy a great future yet are too immature to appreciate that they need to be humble, work hard, show discipline and respect.

Still hoping its bullshit,but given the rumours and even the baggage he allegedly arrived with......this is news i have been expecting,it was only a matter of when.

A real shame,but all is not lost until we actually see him leave the club.

It's so depressing to hear things like that.

These kids have the chance to earn a fantastic living and enjoy a great future yet are too immature to appreciate that they need to be humble, work hard, show discipline and respect.
Many kids are not taught the right values early in life and it is hard to stay humble when you have such gifts. When you get to City's level, and you're only a little fish in a big pond, it can be difficult if you have had smoke blown up your arse all your life but you're suddenly just another talent.

I hope the rumours are untrue because it will be a wasted talent and a wasted investment; it happens.

Reckon he'll have a Depay-esque career tbh. Very talented, but an arrogant fucker. Ends up good, odd spell at big clubs, but mainly a player just below the highest levels.

Could well be he has been 18 for 3.5 months
I think it was when we were preparing for the CL final's. At the time Pep was using only local or or at least youngsters who were not abroad to train with the First team. There was talk he would be recalled early from holidays but Covid restrictions meant he would have to isolate and would not be ready to go to Portugal on time.

Many kids are not taught the right values early in life and it is hard to stay humble when you have such gifts. When you get to City's level, and you're only a little fish in a big pond, it can be difficult if you have had smoke blown up your arse all your life but you're suddenly just another talent.

I hope the rumours are untrue because it will be a wasted talent and a wasted investment; it happens.
Not referring to Braaf, but there is also in some cases the parental/agent "i want my lad to be a doctor/barrister/rich" effect. It is difficult for us to imagine not wanting to play football and get paid for it but I guess some of these lads with natural talent showing as kids are pushed gently or otherwise towards a sports career before they reach their teens, like young gymnasts or swimmers. Some maybe go along with it until their teens and then realise their heart is not really in it. That must be very difficult for all parties.

Not referring to Braaf, but there is also in some cases the parental/agent "i want my lad to be a doctor/barrister/rich" effect. It is difficult for us to imagine not wanting to play football and get paid for it but I guess some of these lads with natural talent showing as kids are pushed gently or otherwise towards a sports career before they reach their teens, like young gymnasts or swimmers. Some maybe go along with it until their teens and then realise their heart is not really in it. That must be very difficult for all parties.

Absolutely. My lad was picked out by the British gymnastics coach at 7 and asked to train with the elite squad - he had only just started out but clearly had a gift. After a few months of 2 hour training sessions, he began to complain about sore wrists and his heart simply wasn't in it. He wanted to play football, and has, for many years. There are many, many children whose parents live vicariously!

Absolutely. My lad was picked out by the British gymnastics coach at 7 and asked to train with the elite squad - he had only just started out but clearly had a gift. After a few months of 2 hour training sessions, he began to complain about sore wrists and his heart simply wasn't in it. He wanted to play football, and has, for many years. There are many, many children whose parents live vicariously!
Yes I think it is very sad. Your lad is very lucky that you recognised the signs and didn't force the issue. 2 of my daughters were always close to the top of their classes ( not a boast, just the truth), we were getting the "will they go on to be doctors " questions but they both wanted to be musicians. They studied music in college, at their own choice and got honours degrees one is a pianist (now temporarily a builder thanks to Covid) the other a singer/actress, they are both qualified to teach. They are not rich or famous but most importantly they are happy and we are glad that having given the old pro's and con's speeches they made their own choices. It must be crushing for young adults to feel they let their family down by not becoming what their elders decided they should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.