Jean-Pierre Adams

Don't know the full story but seems bizzare both doctors and his family just left him in a coma for such a long period of time. Wonder if this is a record or are there other people out there who have been in a coma longer?

I read a really interesting piece on him a little while back. I think it was from the guardian. Give that a read for background etc. His wife gives some context as to why she wouldn’t turn off any life support etc. Very tragic circumstances.

That's mental! Incredible devotion from his wife. As harsh as it sounds, it's probably for the best he never regained consciousness. The world is so different now it would be overwhelming, not to mention the fact the last time he was awake he was a fit and healthy youngish man and now he's a feeble old man, I can't even begin to imagine how anybody could cope with that mentally.

I read a really interesting piece on him a little while back. I think it was from the guardian. Give that a read for background etc. His wife gives some context as to why she wouldn’t turn off any life support etc. Very tragic circumstances.

This one? A very good read

Don't know the full story but seems bizzare both doctors and his family just left him in a coma for such a long period of time. Wonder if this is a record or are there other people out there who have been in a coma longer?
You cant kill sombody who is in a coma , i nursed a woman who was in a coma for a long time , if they get pneumonia that is when they can let them slip away without using antibiotics but that is a joint dr and family decision

You cant kill sombody who is in a coma , i nursed a woman who was in a coma for a long time , if they get pneumonia that is when they can let them slip away without using antibiotics but that is a joint dr and family decision
That must have been a while back because I think the Tony Bland case established thst feeding could be withdrawn in certain circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.