Jeremy Bamber and the Whitehouse farm murders

The itv programme was the first I’d heard of the case (I was only born at the end of 87), but the one thing I thought all throughout it and kept expecting it to come up was, couldn’t the police contact the phoneline provider and ask for a breakdown of calls made? Bills were posted monthly even back then I’d imagine with a call breakdown on it. If it’s on there, and the timings add up then that would be a massive defensive win.

I think itemised phone billing only came in around 1988 or 1989. I distinctly remember it because I was living at home and it meant I could no longer get away with phoning all those dodgy 0898 numbers without the knowledge of my parents!

I think itemised phone billing only came in around 1988 or 1989. I distinctly remember it because I was living at home and it meant I could no longer get away with phoning all those dodgy 0898 numbers without the knowledge of my parents!
Exactly all that they had in those days was a meter that used to clock up how many units you used. Bit like the electricity meter. They could trace a call if an engineer was at the exchange an locked down the open line during a call

Very good series, don't think it did Jezza's case much good either!

Watched the series in full today. Had read books over the years (both for and against Jeremy Bamber). Thought the dramatisation was very good. Still think he is guilty, mainly because everything he recounted that night was disputed by the hard evidence at the scene.
Just have to add that when Colin Caffel walked down that hallway in one of the last scenes, and put his two hands out and ran them against the walls, that I wanted to cry. Those poor children

Club call?

Not really.
If the silencer was used it rules out the sister.
It does not convict Bamber, just implicates A.N.Other.

I am no Bamber supporter, but if the series if accurate I doubt he would have been convicted today if it had been investigated in such a cack handed way.
Although, of course, forensics are much more sophisticated now, so who knows?
If the sister is ruled out, is there a plausible, innocent explanation of his version events? In particular the supposed phone call from his father? Doesn’t it have to have been either him or her (or possibly someone he paid, other than the guy with the alibi)?

If the sister is ruled out, is there a plausible, innocent explanation of his version events? In particular the supposed phone call from his father? Doesn’t it have to have been either him or her (or possibly someone he paid, other than the guy with the alibi)?
Worth pointing out though that if he did pay someone and set it up then he would still be guilty of course. He didnt blame someone else though,except the bloke who who was found to have an alibi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.