Jeremy Bamber and the Whitehouse farm murders

I think he did it - but I don’t think he should have been convicted based on the evidence available at the time. I only think he did it as I don’t have an adequate explanation for what else could have happened? This is what intrigues me about the case - you take away his ex girlfriend’s testimony and the phone call from his father and the case against him is pretty much non existent.
I too think he did it, but I agree with your analysis about the evidence and I would struggle to convict based on what I know.

The only rational alternative, given the phone call from the dad, is that Sheila did it, which I find to be unlikely but perfectly possible. I think any involvement of a third party (unless Jeremy Bamber had some assistance) can be discounted out of hand.

I too think he did it, but I agree with your analysis about the evidence and I would struggle to convict based on what I know.

The only rational alternative, given the phone call from the dad, is that Sheila did it, which I find to be unlikely but perfectly possible. I think any involvement of a third party (unless Jeremy Bamber had some assistance) can be discounted out of hand.

That was Julie Mumford’s original statement to the police - that Jeremy had hired someone to do the killings. Again possible but there is no evidence to support this.

That's probably the next likeliest, I agree. But along with many other logistical problems (reloading, issues with silencer), it's hard to reconcile that with the lack of blood, lead, GSR, sugar, spatter patterns, and injuries in comparison to what you'd expect to find from someone who'd shot and killed so many people. Take away the rifle that appears to be placed on her, and the phonecall allegation from Jeremy then I don't think anyone would even consider it a possibility.

Other options include a possible third party as per @TueartsOHK post who maybe broke in upstairs, and whom Nevill heard whilst he was downstairs - possibly mistaking it for Sheila, hence the phonecall to Jeremy. After the phonecall, he then goes upstairs to see the real assailant who shoots him, and the fight continues downstairs. But that's pie-in-the-sky to be honest and I wouldn't consider any of the above to be reasonable doubt so I suppose it all boils down to how you interpret that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.