Jesus Navas

I thought he was a great player with a great attitude who scored some important goals for us and always put a shift in for us be it RW or RB. Everybody slagged his crossing off but he actually created chance after chance for us.

A great and deserved honour for him. Though he wasn’t top class, he did a decent job for us and seemed happy to play whatever part he was asked. I liked him.

Admired his attitude and work rate but the crosses into the first defender available were exhausting

Grafted like mad in every game.
Always helped out the right back.
Blistering pace was always a threat and could get to that byline faster than anything.
It was just the final ball, should have shot at the keeper more, would have had better results

Loved Navas. Always thought he was as mad as a box of frogs but he always put a shift in and when we played to his strengths he was very effective. I’ll never forget his clincher at Wembley and I loved his goal in the semi at Everton, fantastic breakaway goal - probably the only time he ever kicked the ball properly with his left foot. Used to amuse me how he was so one footed that he’d end up running round in semi circles with the ball as he couldn’t even lay it off with his left foot once he’d been forced inside.

He served us well and I hope he knows that he’s held in great affection by city fans. Be nice to see him back as a guest of the club one of these days.

In that six goal thrashing of Spurs, Navas scored after 14 seconds and he alsogot the last goal in the minutes added on, might have been the 4th or 5th.

So he scored two goals 93 minutes apart in the same game (plus added on minutes for first half) which is most probably some kind of record.

Well done Jesus Navas.

I remember getting hounded on here when we bought him after I compared him to Aaron Lennon.

Turns out, that’s exactly what he was. A speed merchant who only went in straight lines, might as well have been on a train track. No final product.

He kind of summed up the period towards the end of Mancini’s spell, and beginning of Pellegrini’s, where we were buying players who weren’t quite of the same calibur of the ones we’d bought in the couple of years previous.

Seems like a lovely guy though, always did his best, great attitude, fantastic pro. Wish him nothing but the best, I’ll always give him a clap and a cheer if he ever comes back. One of the good guys.

Very effective in his first season and had no problem finding players with his crosses when we played quick and expansive football. Last two Pellegrini seasons it was a lot of slow and boring buildup with no left side whatsoever most of the time, Navas a last resort when he had no space to work with and only Aguero in the box to aim for. Defensive intelligence and workrate immense, only Bernardo comparable from our current forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.