Jesus offside goal vs West Ham - Explanation in the Mail

someone else (with more tech knowledge) said those figures were exactly right as frame speeds were quicker.....I cannt remember who that was...

the only way of sorting that out is to have an agreed compensation measurement...ie if thecomputer shows that a player is within x and y cms' off side then thate player isnt offside.....

Surelyit would make it easier if we went back to the rule where there had to be clear daylight between the attacker and defender...ie level is on side but also even if part of the attackers body is beyond the defender but for instance his trailing leg was still level or behind the defender then the attacker is still onside.....Ie benefit of doubt to the attacker (which i believe is not a line they are using anymore within the rules)
Exactly, but that would be too easy, they have gone about in a really convoluted way, over complicating it with their lines drawn on the screen, we seen it at the West Ham match and at the rags and Wolves game last night. It could have been so much easier.

Exactly, but that would be to easy, they have gone about in a really convoluted way, over complicating it with their lines drawn on the screen, we seen it at the West Ham match and at the rags and Wolves game last night. It could have been so much easier.

yeah..clear daylight between defender and attacker would be much easier to judge for the linesman in the moment and also if VAR was needed there is less room for mistakes...still not perfect...but better

At the end of the day - I don’t think VAR stands a chance. It’s a technology system but if you place it in the hands of potentially corrupt and certainly incompetent individuals like Chris Foy - what do you expect ? Put this kind of process in the hands of imbeciles and you’ll get the mess we are presently witnessing. The attitude of PGMOL is not good for the game - it’s overly zealous officialdom brought about by overly defensive paranoia. They are not looking to improve the game with VAR they are looking to justify their arrogance and extend their power and influence. We have seen in our first two games that they are clearly looking for reasons to disallow goals rather than be balanced and objective. I fear a few more weeks of this and there will be a major crisis in the game. It’s not the technology that’s the problem but the attitude of those tasked with overseeing the interpretation of the rules. For evidence of this just watch Dermot Gallagher on Sky - he’s one fucked up individual - defensive as hell, paranoid, who manipulates facts at Will to justify his illogical interpretation of facts. He’s typical of those tasked with overseeing the game- and it’s no wonder we have a problem- power crazy people only get worse when you give them more power PGMOL needed reigning in not letting off the leash.

Of course he’s defensive. VAR is the retirement plan for referees. An extra three or four people refereeing the game is very lucrative for them.

The simple fact is VAR is open to manipulation , but they can only cheat us so many times or it will become blatantly obvious of the Premier leagues & PGMOL intentions , it will be an interesting first few weeks to see how this all works out .

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, we've already been given a 2 point handicap which would have been sufficient to hand Liverpool the title last season.

And by the end of the season, if we lose it by 2 points, the incident will have been forgotten.

The beauty of manipulating VAR is that it only needs one or two strategic bits of interference and the result can be achieved. They can leave us alone all season now and, if required, manipulate the result of another match. For example, if the scousers score a marginally "offside" goal like Sterling's against anyone at 1-1, they can just show a frame with the appropriate lines drawn in and, hey presto, you have a 4 point swing in the title race.

For offside the full width (or more) of the player's torso, at the exact time the ball is played through to him (i.e. that it leaves the other player's foot) makes common sense to me. He has a clear and potentially decisive advantage over the defender. I would like us to go back to that. Partial offsides — noses, shoulders, hands, part of a foot — are an abomination, in my view. Incidentally, this would be nicely analogous to the rule of the whole ball crossing the line for a goal, which I think everyone now accepts is just good sense. By the way, thanks to that rule, and goal line technology, we are champions (Liverpool at home, Burnley away). So tech isn't all bad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.