"jibbing" it into grounds

ratherdeadthanred

What are your stories about a good old fashioned jib,
i imagine theres shit loads from the 80s but not as easy to do these days, quite proud to admit my first ever successful jib this season away at Blackburn, doubled up with my mate and before you knew it bang i was in sheepwood park. I hope for many more, anyone done an over the top turnstyle? now thats impressive

I saw a young lad climb up one of the spirals a bit back - that was quite impressive. Like a little monkey he was. Deserved his free seat for getting up there

A mate of mine has jibbed in a couple of times. He's an Everton fan but has a soft spot for City. He usually offers a steward a bit of coin and gets in, I know he did it at Maine Road once or twice

i used to work as a steward at maine road back in the 80's...free game and get paid ;p

i used to let lads jib in through the old metal gates whenever i had to open them to let someone out.

i also used to let lads change ends to sit where their mates are.

i was one of the daft twats you used to see trudging up n down the touchline with a handful of fans behind me...you never see that anymore

Best one i did was at QPR in early 90,s sat on wall outside the ground with no ticket and not much money and i,ve clocked 4 or 5 cockneys waiting by a turnstile with one of them talking to the bloke behind the wire,so i,ve got next to them as they started to go through and all of them were saying "cheers paul" or words to that effect so i,ve tagged onto them and given it my best "nice one paul" in a cockney accent and he,s clicked me through before anyones realised,apart from the last lad in front of me who was looking at me with that"you cheeky bastard"look on his face.I,d probably get a 7 year ban for that now and possibly public crucifixtion

My mate was the spitting image of Steve Lomas (the poor sod) and away at QPR one time we blagged our way into the main entrance (Lomas was injured that day) as Mr Lomas and a party of four. We almost got into a box until some over keen official realised the Steve Lomas' Northern Ireland accent was just about the worst he'd ever heard and kicked us out the shithouse lol.

does anyone remember busting the big gates open at the away end at oldham?. mid eighties i think. thousands just walked in, i think it was the same game as the mass pitch invasion, or should i say full ground invasion.

remember last game at maine road no ticket me and my old fella, first half cramped around this tv van watching the game with about 20 other blues on a about 10 inch screen. 2nd half we offered some coin to a asian lad, steward he was he bundled us in through a side door, great day will be with me forever!

I rember in 90s when forest had that new away end built and we was the first fans to use it, all my friends got asked for train tickets which they all had and i was the only one who never got one (result1) i didnt have a match ticket and as i was only young and i looked even younger, one of the older lads sed to this copper " ive got a ticket im going in, thats my lad you look after him" well fuck me the copper was in shock and let me in (result2)
that was the game when city fans turned up late into ground and they was all singing not knowing there was a minute silence ( carnt remember who for?), and after game on the train back we got a police esort on train as a bunch of city fans tried to throw the conductor off the moving train in the old carriages......oh ya and some city fan spryed CITY on the newly built away end in big letters..

Great day!!

gillingham away 1999, me and my mate went down without tickets, when we got there asked around and was told not much chance of any , by now it was about 11 o'clock so my mate went up to the ticket office and said he was told to pick up two tickets - he said he was called Mr Jones , the bloke had a look around his office but told him there wasn't any ,as my mate turned round and started to walk away the bloke said he'd rang up the main office and someone was sending some tickets down for "Mr Jones" , after about 5 minutes the tickets turned up so the bloke shouted my mate over , my mate in turn went to get his card out to pay when the bloke in the office reminded him he'd paid over the phone on his credit card -"so i did "said my mate anyway we got hold of the tickets and made a sharp exit !

183sash said:
gillingham away 1999, me and my mate went down without tickets, when we got there asked around and was told not much chance of any , by now it was about 11 o'clock so my mate went up to the ticket office and said he was told to pick up two tickets - he said he was called Mr Jones , the bloke had a look around his office but told him there wasn't any ,as my mate turned round and started to walk away the bloke said he'd rang up the main office and someone was sending some tickets down for "Mr Jones" , after about 5 minutes the tickets turned up so the bloke shouted my mate over , my mate in turn went to get his card out to pay when the bloke in the office reminded him he'd paid over the phone on his credit card -"so i did "said my mate anyway we got hold of the tickets and made a sharp exit !

carlsberg dont do jibbs but......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.