Jill Scott M.B.E. - statue unveiled (P3)

Can never understand the honour system, especially for sports people, they are just getting the award for something they get paid to do.If they have to dish some out unpaid charity workers would get my vote

For doing her jobs honours system is total bollocks
What a mean spirited twunt you sound by that comment about the recognition of one of our own. I think you are confusing some of the political awards of Knighthoods with these sort of gongs to recognise exceptional contributions by sports people, volunteers and folk who work in their communities or professions.

Can never understand the honour system, especially for sports people, they are just getting the award for something they get paid to do.If they have to dish some out unpaid charity workers would get my vote

About 75 per cent of honours are probably deserved - although many deserving people probably get overlooked. The other 25 per cent are a joke handed out to newspaper editors, party donors and politicians in return for all measure of “favours”. The recent honours to Nicky Morgan and Zak Goldsmith were a piss take.

About 75 per cent of honours are probably deserved - although many deserving people probably get overlooked. The other 25 per cent are a joke handed out to newspaper editors, party donors and politicians in return for all measure of “favours”. The recent honours to Nicky Morgan and Zak Goldsmith were a piss take.
Agreed. Except the the difference between the Goldsmith and Morgan " elevation" to the H of L and these type of gongs is that they were politically motivated so they could still be in the cabinet despite the fact Goldsmith had lost his constituency election and Morgan didn't stand for re-election -- oh and they get paid for for being in the H of L !
( and as for IDS - Well words fail me!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.