Jim Beglin commenting "Emptyhad" on Live TV | City lodge complaint (pg 38)

What puzzles me about this, specifically the club's alleged complaint, is that it seems relatively minor. Same as the one Dan Roan was banned for.

It's certainly unprofessional but is it worse than some of the really nasty, deliberate stuff put out by Delaney, Harris etc? Yet we seem to welcome those people with open arms.
I think the issue with this is it directly affects one of the club’s sponsors, by twisting their name to make fun of the club, which isn’t acceptable. If this kind of crap is repeated enough by broadcasters it could ultimately have real commercial impact when we are next looking for a new stadium sponsorship.

I think the issue with this is it directly affects one of the club’s sponsors, by twisting their name to make fun of the club, which isn’t acceptable. If this kind of crap is repeated enough by broadcasters it could ultimately have real commercial impact when we are next looking for a new stadium sponsorship.
Good point and reminds me that Alan Davies has been absent from social media for a couple of weeks. I wonder if Emirates had a word.

It was deliberate..I hope he loses his job simply because he knew what he was doing and it was hurtful to Blues..Commentators have to show a degree of neutrality..I was on a stream from Premier Sports from memory and when I heard it, I questioned my hearing. Let us reverse this and ask what would happen if Micah mentioned various scouse misdemeanours.Would not happen because Blues have a moral compass. I started a discussion about who we dislike the most. My first choice was scousers. Even rat face would not stoop so low.

You're just making shit up.
Calling someone a racist with no proof whatsoever is ok is it? Given the outrage a slip of the tongue seems to have caused you then i wonder how you'd feel if someone labelled you racist.
Until I represent the premier league and intentionally slag off an honourable football club purely because its owners are from the Middle East and I have ingrained racist thoughts towards said club or maybe my bias for the red tops during my private conversations spilled over into my broadcast, only then shall you bestow the racist word upon myself.

Maybe I should take your lead and call your previous post…bollox.

I will take my leave of this conversation before you throw any further insults my way.

Good day Jim sorry Stonerblue.

What puzzles me about this, specifically the club's alleged complaint, is that it seems relatively minor. Same as the one Dan Roan was banned for.

It's certainly unprofessional but is it worse than some of the really nasty, deliberate stuff put out by Delaney, Harris etc? Yet we seem to welcome those people with open arms.
Depends on what you interpret as minor..it was not minor to me. It was a petulant remark from a scouser who well knew what he was saying.

It doesn’t especially bother me what some no-mark co commentator said, whether he meant it or not. No doubt a load of virgins sat at home wearing their United or Liverpool tops got a hardon over it. It pales into insignificance compared to some of the shite written about us, but if this is the start of the club fighting back against some of the venom in the media then get that complaint lodged and take him to the cleaners.

Is it minor I dont know, to our owners it may well be very im,portant. They (Through Beglin) as a broadcaster have associated a negative word with a brand.

Imagine how Macdonalds would be if broadcasters were allowing presenters to call them Badonalds.

I think Beglin could well lose his job, hes the right age/colour/sex to be gotten rid of, he may be on thin ice with that, because even if he accidentally said it, it was clearly representing what he's been thinking.

Always find it bizarre that the defamatory stuff from those individuals is tolerated by the club.
I guess it’s because we don’t want to create media martyrs who would use being banned as a badge of honour.
The WhatsApp rabble would absolutely love to be banned, revel in it, banning them would play right into their self righteousness and egotistical hero complexes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.