Jim Beglin commenting "Emptyhad" on Live TV | City lodge complaint (pg 38)

Banter from fans of other clubs is one thing (and shouldn't raise too much ire) but this was from a broadcaster who has a responsibility to remain professional while representing whichever channel he is contracted to. This wasn't MUTV it was an international company feeding to multiple countries and so he should be held to account for it.
Yeah thats very true.
I dont know who employs him or contracts him, but lets face it so many these "expert analysis" people are ex Liverpool or ex Manure players. They all have an agenda against City and our domination of the Premier League. I mean look who's second in the prem, if City were still a mid table team Liverpool would be top, last season it was United 2nd.

I see this as a jibe at City, very much meant, Nobody would say Emptyhad instead of Etihad ffs. It's getting the desired result, loads of publicity, and our detractors are loving it.
It's one thing a rag fan saying it, (like we say the swamp) but a professional commentator is unacceptable.

Yeah thats very true.
I dont know who employs him or contracts him, but lets face it so many these "expert analysis" people are ex Liverpool or ex Manure players. They all have an agenda against City and our domination of the Premier League. I mean look who's second in the prem, if City were still a mid table team Liverpool would be top, last season it was United 2nd.

I see this as a jibe at City, very much meant, Nobody would say Emptyhad instead of Etihad ffs. It's getting the desired result, loads of publicity, and our detractors are loving it.
It's one thing a rag fan saying it, (like we say the swamp) but a professional commentator is unacceptable.
The apology he released on social media the afternoon of the match suggests he realised he was up the creek here. Especially as he was on the Prem’s own in house production broadcast, having reflected on it, I think he does need to walk for this, and quickly (whether he claims he said it ‘intentionally’ or not isn’t really the point).

What gets me is that when he first said it, he knew it was wrong and so corrected himself, although it sounded as though he said it again to me. Either way he should have apologised there and then. He didnt and even when he made reference in the second half, it wasnt an apology, just that he was made aware of his mistake. He is a c*nt of the highest order and knew exactly what he was doing on both occassions.

The apology he released on social media the afternoon of the match suggests he realised he was up the creek here. Especially as he was on the Prem’s own in house production broadcast, having reflected on it, I think he does need to walk for this, and quickly (whether he claims he said it ‘intentionally’ or not isn’t really the point).

This is the point that most are missing. He was representing the PL when he said it, and yes imo it was obviously deliberate. The PL won't be impressed with this either.

He also has form for saying the wrong thing, and having to apologise. Three strikes and he will be out, I reckon.

Expect him to be gushing in blue-tinted praise for the rest of the season.

This is different to a journalist saying something like this. The broadcasters presumably sign a contract when bidding for the rights to show the Premier League that involves, amongst other things, using the correct name of the stadium and club. And the obvious reason is that companies have paid huge amounts of money to have their name on the stadium. Imagine the outrage if a commentator accidently called Liverpool "the dippers."

Whether Jim Beglin said it on purpose or it was a slip of the tongue, it's equally damning. If he said it on purpose, it's completely unprofessional. If he said it by accident, it's clear evidence that he calls it that in his free time, because no-one would accidently say something that they don't say in real life. It's like those people who claim to have accidently said something racist. Yeah, I'm sure you did, but you only accidently use racist language in a situation if you regularly use it deliberately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.