Jim Cassell

mancharlie

Where is he now ? He seemed instrumental in the Academy success and I know he was posted in Abu Dhabi, but is he still employed by City and what does he do now ???

He must be over here, as I see him sat in the 'suit section' at pretty much all the home games.

Was he positive about his role, I wasn't sure if he had been 'shoved' into his new role or whether he was relishing a new challenge after all the fantastic work he'd done with City's academy ? seemed a great guy !

shadygiz said:
he did an interview on keys & gray (talkshite) a few weeks ago....yes, he's still running the overseas academy

mancharlie said:
Was he positive about his role, I wasn't sure if he had been 'shoved' into his new role or whether he was relishing a new challenge after all the fantastic work he'd done with City's academy ? seemed a great guy !

shadygiz said:
he did an interview on keys & gray (talkshite) a few weeks ago....yes, he's still running the overseas academy

he sounded genuinly happy about his role, but the interview was more about praising him for his works back in the past, the fact that he turned out so many players who have gone on to play at pro level.

i cant quite remember the stats....just checked my facebook page as i posted about it after the interview....looks like it was end of september when he did the interview.

the gist was this :-
mcfc have brought through 70 academy players who have gone on to play in the top 4 leagues.
13 have also gone onto make their international debuts.
30 of the 70 have also made full debuts in first team games for city.
City have recouped a total of £50mill for those 70 academy players

I see him, and say hello, at most home games parking his top of the range company Jaguar. He has a role at the club as the international development director, title?, I know, from a contact that knows Jim well, that he was astonished at the offer the club made to him when he told the chairman that he was ready to retire and that he is happy in the role

People say that Middlesbrough have the best youth set up but I dont see how they have been as successful as Jim Cassell with the figures quoted in this thread.

mancharlie said:
Where is he now ? He seemed instrumental in the Academy success and I know he was posted in Abu Dhabi, but is he still employed by City and what does he do now ???

Garden leave mate seen off by the Welsh wonder when he dared question the practices of him and the taffia. Shame really considering the sh*t that we got in replacement that Andy Welsh bloke absolute clueless f*ckwit of the highest order.

Mike D said:
mancharlie said:

Garden leave mate seen off by the Welsh wonder when he dared question the practices of him and the taffia. Shame really considering the sh*t that we got in replacement that Andy Welsh bloke absolute clueless f*ckwit of the highest order.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSv4TzbRCs[/youtube]

You do realise Jim Cassell was never a manager or a coach? Andy Welsh didn't replace him, Mark Allen did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.