Jim Davidson

Thing is, its not about being "offended" and "upset" crying little snowflakes. Its just calling people out for being offensive. Jim Davidson and Bernard Mannings racist jokes are offensive. Fact.
Well, keep on calling, I've no problem with it, but by the same token will not join in. When I went to see Manning, which I did twice, it was packed, he was absolutely hilarious, I'm not apologising for that 30 odd years after the event.

Well, keep on calling, I've no problem with it, but by the same token will not join in. When I went to see Manning, which I did twice, it was packed, he was absolutely hilarious, I'm not apologising for that 30 odd years after the event.

Again, i don't think many are asking for people to apologise for relatively minor things that happened 30 plus years ago. Its more about what happens going forward, improving the social discourse, calling out people who use racist language and saying, oi, that's not acceptable. Just like (i hope) you would if you heard someone using one of Mannings racist "jokes" at the Etihad.

Not remotely racist but totally unfunny is Michael MacIntyre - went to see him a few years back, lost the audience very quickly at the beginning and showed that he didn't know how to go away from his rehearsed show - it was dreadful, he died a death. Funniest I've seen, Dave Allen many years back and in recent times Dara O'Briain, very clever man.

As I understand he moved to Dubai due to being under investigation from a certain Operation that involved a few famous 70’s faces.

Thing is, its not about being "offended" and "upset" crying little snowflakes. Its just calling people out for being offensive. Jim Davidson and Bernard Mannings racist jokes are offensive. Fact.
I'm not even sure what being offended is tbh. I find this stuff just a bit awkward and therefore not enjoyable.

Not remotely racist but totally unfunny is Michael MacIntyre - went to see him a few years back, lost the audience very quickly at the beginning and showed that he didn't know how to go away from his rehearsed show - it was dreadful, he died a death. Funniest I've seen, Dave Allen many years back and in recent times Dara O'Briain, very clever man.
I have seen Michael Mackintyre on a few panel shows, mock the week for example. He is terrible, cannot work outside his script.

Frank is a very good comic. Quick witted and never seems lost for words in any situation. Similar to Lee Mack in that respect. I believe Franks book is a good read, have you read It?

I have. He’s written a couple now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.