Jimmy Ellis (ZCars) RIP

nw42

His was the first Northern Irish accent I ever heard when I saw him in Zcars, I thought he was foreign. Great actor.

I can't remember seeing this Bleasdale film before, Ellis plays a blind ex-boxer, but the story seems familiar, looks well worth a watch for the cast alone,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCnAiRtjxM[/youtube]

Not read the clip as it's too long but definitely recall No Surrender. Was quite funny at the time.

Was Jimmy Ellis the one who kept saying that the society's problems could be solved if a few more people were "battered" and : "There's not enough battering going on!" ?

No surrender is a brilliant film - worth it for Joanna Whalley alone!
A real A-Z of Scouse actors and a great cameo from Elvis Costello as a shit magician.

At the beginning these muggers go to attack Jimmy Ellis who is blind and with a stick. Jimmy kicks the shit out of them and beats them with his stick..... one of them runs away shouting ''no fucking need for that''

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
No surrender is a brilliant film - worth it for Joanna Whalley alone!
A real A-Z of Scouse actors and a great cameo from Elvis Costello as a shit magician.

At the beginning these muggers go to attack Jimmy Ellis who is blind and with a stick. Jimmy kicks the shit out of them and beats them with his stick..... one of them runs away shouting ''no fucking need for that''
Bang on. I was just going to post about that part of the film.

nw42 said:
His was the first Northern Irish accent I ever heard when I saw him in Zcars, I thought he was foreign. Great actor.

I can't remember seeing this Bleasdale film before, Ellis plays a blind ex-boxer, but the story seems familiar, looks well worth a watch for the cast alone,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCnAiRtjxM[/youtube]

Great film, the bit where he twats the muggers is funny as fuck.

5.55 everyone in 80s Liverpool lived on that street. Fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.