Jimmy Frizzell RIP

RIP, met him and his wife (I assume) when I was a teenager and he came over as kind and decent.

His wiki page has him being sacked in 1987, he didn't he became General Manager then as most over 35 will know.

Yes you are correct. Both Wiki & the OS have him down as leaving the club at that time but in fact he 'moved upstairs' after vacating the Manager's role.
I know for a fact that he remained with City as my wife contacted City to ask them to send a player to my 40th birthday bash as a surprise in December 1989. The Receptionist put her through to Frizz who was very courteous and said that he was very sorry but as City were playing away that day it wouldn't be possible. Instead he said he would arrange to have a 'Happy Birthday Telegram' sent to the hotel where we were having the party. He was true to his word and I still have it amongst my City memorabilia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.