Jimmy Greaves RIP

Fabulous player and always came across as a decent lad on ‘Saint and Greavsie’.
Still remember the time he interviewed Azumah Nelson before his fight with Pat Cowdell and asked him just how hard he hit, Nelson got him to hold up his hand and gave it a right crack, Jimmy’s face and reaction was a picture trying to hide the pain, I’m sure it turned out he’d actually broken/dislocated some of his fingers.

R.I.P Greavsie .
Do you remember when he was a pillion passenger on a bike ridden by Barry Sheen around Donnington race circuit?
Greaves was miked up and there was only about 20 seconds of video that could be used as Greaves was swearing so much. He was absolutely shitting it

Too young to recall any memories of him as a player but as a very young football fan he was someone I remember seeing on the TV in my earliest memories football being talked about in the TV. He always came across as a decent and genuine bloke.

RIP

A goal scoring genius. Never liked 'The Saint and Greavsie' show tbh but he was perhaps the greatest natural goal scorer this country has ever produced. Always interesting listening to him talking about the 1966 World Cup Final and his emotions about being left out. At least he got his Winners' medal - although very belatedly. RIP Greavsie.

Last edited:
No doubting his immense talent as a footballer, but also came across as a lovely man too.
RIP Jimmy.

Do you remember when he was a pillion passenger on a bike ridden by Barry Sheen around Donnington race circuit?
Greaves was miked up and there was only about 20 seconds of video that could be used as Greaves was swearing so much. He was absolutely shitting it
Ha no I don’t mate but I can imagine, he was a good sport wasn’t he !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.