Jimmy Greaves RIP

A genuine legend — for once, the word is entirely apposite — and definitely one of the players who made me dream about the game when I first became interested in it, and even before I'd settled on City as my club, on moving to Manchester.
Linked to that summer of ’66, although of course he was injured… wonder what he would have done with service from Charlton, Ball, Peters.

Handsome fella in the mould of Big Mal. Too young to see him play but loved his TV show growing up.

RIP Greaves. That doc about him is worth a watch

Two proper old school legends. Was lucky to have seen Barry Sheen race. Didn't see Jimmy play but by all accounts was a cracking player and a genuinely nice bloke. RIP.

A true great , saw him play and score for West Ham against us at Maine Rd 1970 , they won 5-1 and he scored
Was that the game, when Big Joe had the ball volleyed back over his head from a goal-kick?

Jimmy was fantastic goalscorer - perhaps the best English one ever - and a great character.

R. I. P. Jimmy.

Old enough to have seen him play.
Without a doubt England’s greatest ever goal scorer.

R.I.P to a true legend, my favourite non City player in the 1960s, a scorer of some great goals, feel really sad about his passing.Some great goals here,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.