Jimmy Savile

Well, I watched it and there was a lot of stuff I did not know. For instance the Friday socials at his Leeds apartment where he invited local dignitaries and high ranking police officers. This was peak Saville and was very much part of his strategy for avoiding scrutiny. Also, the amount of times he seemed to be almost admitting what he was up to, but then just brushing it off as just part of the act. Having watched it I honestly now believe that his charity work was being done in his mind to balance out all the evil shit he was doing and I really think if he hadn't been up to no good with kids he wouldn't have bothered.

Watched the first episode last night.
He just seemed to appear at places and use them for his disgusting ways.

I knew a lad from Salford in 66/67. Savile was quite popular on Top of the Pops and elsewhere but Dave absolutely hated him without saying much.
Easy to guess now putting the pieces together.

John Lydon said it years and years ago what this evil twat was up to and got banned from the bbc

People always say this but John Lydon said a lot of stupid shit, and still does.

AFAIK he didn't take any action or use his power as a famous person to try and stop Savile, he just mouthed off in an interview about some rumours that everyone in Fleet Street already knew.

He could have repeated his comments in the 34 years between the 1978 interview and the crimes coming to light. He could have yelled it from the stage at every Sex Pistols gig if he wanted to let the world know. After all as he says "Nothing I've said is libel".

It was a throwaway scandalous remark from a man who based his image on making scandalous remarks and now seems to want to take credit as some sort of suppressed whistleblower...which is bollocks really.

Last edited:
People always say this but John Lydon said a lot of stupid shit, and still does.

AFAIK he didn't take any action or use his power as a famous person to try and stop Savile, he just mouthed off in an interview about some rumours that everyone in Fleet Street already knew.

He could have repeated his comments in the 34 years between the 1978 interview and the crimes coming to light. He could have yelled it from the stage at every Sex Pistols gig if he wanted to let the world know. After all as he says "Nothing I've said is libel".

It was a throwaway scandalous remark from a man who based his image on making scandalous remarks and now seems to want to take credit as some sort of suppressed whistleblower...which is bollocks really.
This analysis of whistle blowing must be spot on, given the first person to like it goes by the name of Ted The Grass.

He was only one of the few who dared too

He was only one of the few who dared too

Dared to do what? Say something he knows won't ever reach the public?

Think this through, you're saying John Lydon knew Jimmy Savile was sexually abusing children and the entirity of his action to stop it was making an obscure reference in an interview he knew wouldn't be published...and that's praiseworthy?

Monetised the clip as well i believe, when i grow up daddy i'd like to be a punk social justice warrior too.

Dared to do what? Say something he knows won't ever reach the public?

Think this through, you're saying John Lydon knew Jimmy Savile was sexually abusing children and the entirity of his action to stop it was making an obscure reference in an interview he knew wouldn't be published...and that's praiseworthy?
WTF you on about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.