Jimmy Wagg hangs up his microphone on Saturdays after 31 years

Sad news.

I really miss the days of Jimmy and Cheesey talking about City and covering the games. It felt like GMR was very pro-City throughout those years. Plus Cheesey and Paul Lake on Blue Tuesday.
And most weeks, Utd were mentioned much less - often only in passing / summary.

GMR felt very much a part of the wider City family back then / really supportive of the club.

Happy days.

Sad news.

I really miss the days of Jimmy and Cheesey talking about City and covering the games. It felt like GMR was very pro-City throughout those years. Plus Cheesey and Paul Lake on Blue Tuesday.
And most weeks, Utd were mentioned much less - often only in passing / summary.

GMR felt very much a part of the wider City family back then / really supportive of the club.

Happy days.
Piccadilly Radio had the rights to the rags commentarys - GMR had the rights for City games hence the lack of rag coverage and more of City.

I wonder if he still lives in Timperley.
He use to live on Sylvan Avenue

He is definitely persona non grata, unfortunately
He got sacked from GMR, which was a shame as I always thought he was excellent, loved his shows at Piccadilly as well. He set up a website to give his side of the story, was going to link it here, but maybe best if people google it for themselves, not sure where liable laws would stand on this.

He got sacked from GMR, which was a shame as I always thought he was excellent, loved his shows at Piccadilly as well. He set up a website to give his side of the story, was going to link it here, but maybe best if people google it for themselves, not sure where liable laws would stand on this.
I shall have a look for it. Like you I found him sharp, entertaining and funny, as well as a good Blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.