João Félix

Sterling is 26 years old, and will be 27 years old next year. Whilst Felix is 21...
The player raheem is now is all that he will ever be, when Felix has a couple of years before his peak where he could improve in some areas that he's lacking at.... It's a no brainer, in my book.
That's all good till you realise moving Sterling on is an absolutely massive ask. And to replace him.

I understand what you're saying, it's just too difficult to see Atletico willingly selling Felix.
Therein lies the difficulty eh?

I suppose the hope is that they’ve come to a realisation that he isn’t a perfect fit for them going forward and, with football finance being pretty badly out of shape, that their salary burden is causing them issues, in much the same way it is for many clubs.

I would be all for it if Bernardo wants to go.what a transfer window it would be if we ended up with Kane,Grealish and Felix. lol

I believe his contract is for seven years (2019-2026).

In which case the initial cost will be annualised over that longer period. The mention of 5 years was just as an example.

The point I was trying to make was that, in accounting terms, the value of the player starts at the full initial buying price and then reduces, in the same way that the value of an asset with a termination date is reduced annually in any business.

There seems to be a common thought that if a club pays x amount for a players services then, if the player is sold for less than x the club takes a loss, but that’s not necessarily the case because depreciation is a factor.

And, of course, the player could improve during the contracted period of hire, in which case the forces of supply and demand could make the player more valuable than the book value / bring a profit - though that dissipates too as the players contract runs down.

There seems to be a common thought that if a club pays x amount for a players services then, if the player is sold for less than x the club takes a loss, but that’s not necessarily the case because depreciation is a factor.
Yes, but I think player values are amortized, not depreciated, since they are viewed as intangible assets?

Just guesswork. Club were linked before his move to AM. There are now rumours of AM looking at Bernardo. Putting 2 and 2 together to assume a swap deal might be on the cards, that is really all.

I see sense in it as a straight up transfer, it just wouldn't add up, AM would have to look for silly money, and he isn't worth that.

In the context of a swap though, there is some logic. Provided Bernardo wants to leave. Not that I would want that. In short, tonanswer your question, pure speculation.
Cheers bud

I presume Atletico still owe Benfica a sizable percentage of the fee. With a new stadium to pay off, that has been empty for 18 months, I think they have every reason to cash in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.