#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this posted here yet - apparently Bayern have asked about a loan move, but we'd only consider something permanent.

Whole situation with Cancelo feels a bit odd to be honest and wouldn't be shocked to see him move, though summer would be more likely. Would make Tolmie's rumblings about Semedo make more sense...

Haven't seen this posted here yet - apparently Bayern have asked about a loan move, but we'd only consider something permanent.

Whole situation with Cancelo feels a bit odd to be honest and wouldn't be shocked to see him move, though summer would be more likely. Would make Tolmie's rumblings about Semedo make more sense...

The loan stuff is interesting. It's come so ridiculously out of left field, first with Valencia, that it makes me wonder if there actually was something to it at one point. Maybe if we had managed to buy a centerback loaning Cancelo was the plan for freeing up a squad place.

The loan stuff is interesting. It's come so ridiculously out of left field, first with Valencia, that it makes me wonder if there actually was something to it at one point. Maybe if we had managed to buy a centerback loaning Cancelo was the plan for freeing up a squad place.

I can't see us going out and dropping money on a replacement unless he is sold, meaning I'd be surprised if a loan move happened as we're not going to go into the remaining season with only Walker as an option. With Laporte returning, Stones fit again and Garcia emerging as a decent option, I don't think we'll end up with a January CB.

If Cancelo really wants out, I'd be offering him up to Barca as a straight swap with Semedo - the latter apparently also wants to leave, Barca allegedly want someone a bit more creative/attack minded and we're interested in the player if Tolmie's rumours are true.

I'm sure Mendes will sort it all out for us whatever happens.

Last edited:
I can't see us going out and dropping money on a replacement unless he is sold, meaning I'd be surprised if a loan move happened as we're not going to go into the remaining season with only Walker as an option. With Laporte returning, Stones fit again and Garcia emerging as a decent option, I don't think we'll end up with a January CB.

If Cancelo really wants out, I'd be offering him up to Barca as a straight swap with Semedo - the latter apparently also wants to leave, Barca allegedly want someone a bit more creative/attack minded and we're interested in the player if Tolmie's rumours are true.

I'm sure Mendes will sort it all out for us whatever happens.
Yeah to be clear, I also don’t think we’re getting a centerback (or anyone) in Jan, but I would be shocked if we hadn’t at least looked into it, and it seems possible to me that these loan rumors were related to that, had something come off.

l really like Cancelo in any case, and would prefer to just keep him. The rumors of him being unsettled/unhappy and the Semedo stuff doesn’t lead me to believe he’s necessarily going to be here long-term though.

I doubt we'd be looking to move him on unless the player himself is pushing for a move.

After the summer I'm pretty sceptical of transfer news regarding Bayern.

I reckon his agent is just keeping the player's options available.

I doubt we'd be looking to move him on unless the player himself is pushing for a move.

After the summer I'm pretty sceptical of transfer news regarding Bayern.

I reckon his agent is just keeping the player's options available.

I think he's not settled, seen Pereira take his Portugal place and decided he's not going to the Euro's off this much game time.

I don't know if he's trying to get more games, or if he just wants to leave because he's not settled here, but it's a bit shit either way.

He's looked better in the last couple of games and is obviously a bigger attacking threat than Walker. It'd be a shame if we let him go without giving him a proper chance.

Yeah to be clear, I also don’t think we’re getting a centerback (or anyone) in Jan, but I would be shocked if we hadn’t at least looked into it, and it seems possible to me that these loan rumors were related to that, had something come off.

l really like Cancelo in any case, and would prefer to just keep him. The rumors of him being unsettled/unhappy and the Semedo stuff doesn’t lead me to believe he’s necessarily going to be here long-term though.
What's the Semedo stuff? Also, I'm hopeful that he stays. Given time he be a tremendous asset.

What's the Semedo stuff? Also, I'm hopeful that he stays. Given time he be a tremendous asset.
There were some vague rumors that we're interested in the player and Tolmie followed up saying we had spoken to his agents about a potential summer move. Take all with a massive grain of salt obviously.

There were some vague rumors that we're interested in the player and Tolmie followed up saying we had spoken to his agents about a potential summer move. Take all with a massive grain of salt obviously.
Thanks. Think I saw that :)

Love Semedo. Was a big fan and wanted us to get him in the Summer of Fullbacks. We went with Walker who was an adequate substitute in my opinion. And one that came with the added benefit of being homegrown.

That said, this chair circle at 2nd RB has to stop. We can't keep rotating them. We've had 2 really good ones now. Let's just stay put and convince Cancelo to grow here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.