#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we won't, im sure if he doesn't get enough games he'll leave. Many consider him a top 5 RB in the world. I'm sure he knows this. So he sure won't sit as a permanent backup to anyone. He is too good for that. Sadly :(

He knew he was competing with Walker on arrival though

He knew he was competing with Walker on arrival though
Competition, sure. But if the manager determines he lost that competition, then he'll move. There just aren't enough RBs clearly better than him that he wouldn't be able to find a top team to start for. So there is no value sitting behind another good fullback at one club.

In a sense, it's the same issue with Sane. He probably decided early last season that he'd leave. Why? He believes he can be a starter at 8 or more of the other top 15 clubs in the world. Why be a backup at City. And neither would be wrong.

Hope Cancello gives it another year.
He's younger than Kyle and has much higher ceiling in a Pep/Pep disciple team.

Hope Cancello gives it another year.
He's younger than Kyle and has much higher ceiling in a Pep/Pep disciple team.

I hope he does too. He has certainly shown glimpses of quality. He dies seem a bit nervy and unsure of himself. Hopefully, that will improve as gets used to the set-up and the league.

I hope he does too. He has certainly shown glimpses of quality. He dies seem a bit nervy and unsure of himself. Hopefully, that will improve as gets used to the set-up and the league.

I feel this is why he wasn't playing a lot earlier. He needs to learn how we play and what Pep wants him to do. At times he needs to be a secondary holding midfielder and know where to be positionally and when he can and can't go forward. Also with our injuries, defensive issues and how tough the league is Walker was probably the safer choice at RB. Now he looks to be getting better in our set up and when Laporte is back I expect Cancelo to be splitting more games with Walker. We have a lot of games so both are needed.

Competition, sure. But if the manager determines he lost that competition, then he'll move. There just aren't enough RBs clearly better than him that he wouldn't be able to find a top team to start for. So there is no value sitting behind another good fullback at one club.

In a sense, it's the same issue with Sane. He probably decided early last season that he'd leave. Why? He believes he can be a starter at 8 or more of the other top 15 clubs in the world. Why be a backup at City. And neither would be wrong.

Wider than a lee Bradbury thunderbolt (:

This has been a running theme in his career, thus far, he simply doesn’t like rotation..... you’re not telling me that he can’t see Walkers end? He’s throwing his toys out of the buggy (see what I did there)..

As for Sane it has nothing to do with playing as an ‘8’, otherwise when touted the other 14 clubs would be at the races. He’s been tapped up to return to the German rags, more to do with ego than desire, in my opinion. Now if he’s intent on leaving, he at least signs a short extension with a feasible buy out clause, which wouldn’t be hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.