#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did we buy him? Awful defensively. Average attacking. Definitely not better than Danilo.

Why did we buy him? Awful defensively. Average attacking. Definitely not better than Danilo.
Danilo didn't want to be here and we managed to get a fee from Juventus much bigger than any other club. We spent 30m of our own money for at the time one of the best RB in Europe (on stats and performances for Juve) it looked a good deal.

I think Cancelo is a good player, a better footballer than Walker and should be playing RB ahead of him. Walker if he ever loses a step of pace is finished, some of those passes and whatever his ball control was supposed to be last night was a joke. Cancelo at least looked like he wanted to drive forward with the ball. Sterling just ran behind him and gave him no options.

Danilo didn't want to be here and we managed to get a fee from Juventus much bigger than any other club. We spent 30m of our own money for at the time one of the best RB in Europe (on stats and performances for Juve) it looked a good deal.

I think Cancelo is a good player, a better footballer than Walker and should be playing RB ahead of him. Walker if he ever loses a step of pace is finished, some of those passes and whatever his ball control was supposed to be last night was a joke. Cancelo at least looked like he wanted to drive forward with the ball. Sterling just ran behind him and gave him no options.
Give me Walker any day over Cancelo. I’ve yet to see the lad have a really good game. Juve got the better end of the deal I think whatever his stats for them.

I don't think it is fair to judge Cancelo until he has had a sustained run in the team. He plays one or two games and isn't seen for a few weeks, in fact, the same situation Danilo found himself in. I could understand it if Walker was ripping up trees but he isn't and hasn't been for 18 months.

Give me Walker any day over Cancelo. I’ve yet to see the lad have a really good game. Juve got the better end of the deal I think whatever his stats for them.
Walker has his qualities and hes been a good buy for us but I think Cancelo can make us better. If Cancelo was in a settled back 4 alongside two good CB's he would be fine. At the minute he is being thrown in at different positions in different games and is trying to adapt. Its difficult and he may never be what he can but he needs more time.

He was more positive than Walker who passed the ball either sidewards or backwards far too often.Yes,I know,I`m talking about a full back who`s first job is to defend.But shit,he doesn`t half slow us down.

Walker is bloody terrible on the ball. Sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards and then followed by a quick tickle of Otamendis balls as they stand 2 yards away from each other and do this little pass, pass, pass, pass to each other in quick succession like they are two top Brazilians knocking it about on a beach.

I was a bit surprised by the big praise after his performance against Fulham and now I'm just as well surprised by the criticism. He literally played a LCB in a back three, I would assume for the first time in his senior career ever. Given the circumstances, he dealt with it well and even had somce nice interceptions, tackles against James (the foul was a bit silly but there you go). And then bar a few inches he created a wonderful goal for Aguero, almost on his own entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.