#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo is amortised at £10m a year on our books as his gross cost was £60m. Thats big cost yearly in the books for RB who barely plays.

There must be more to his situation than what we see on the pitch. He hasn't been so bad, that he would deserve to be totally discarded from the team. Other players have performed worse than he has but still get minutes/games.

There must be more to his situation than what we see on the pitch. He hasn't been so bad, that he would deserve to be totally discarded from the team. Other players have performed worse than he has but still get minutes/games.

He will clearly be gone in the summer. A reason he has had 4-5 clubs in 4 years.

He will clearly be gone in the summer. A reason he has had 4-5 clubs in 4 years.

Yep. Maybe his history of moving clubs should have been a big red flag to us. I am sure it will be to other potential suitors in the Summer. Unfortunately, I cannot see anything other than a loan with option to buy and potentially another Mangala situation on our hands.

There was a funny little sequence in Peps press conf last week (cant remember which one), when he was describing the squad as fantastic human beings. He has done this numerous times in the past and has without hesitation said 'all of them are fantastic human beings' last week he said, 'most,most,most of them are fantastic human beings' which at the time jarred and made me think he is having problems with someone. It does point to a falling out.

Yep. Maybe his history of moving clubs should have been a big red flag to us. I am sure it will be to other potential suitors in the Summer. Unfortunately, I cannot see anything other than a loan with option to buy and potentially another Mangala situation on our hands.
This did worry me a bit when we signed him. Seemed surprising that Juventus were so keen to get rid of him and replace him with Danilo.

He’s capable enough as a player so I too suspect that there’s question marks over his attitude/behaviour off the pitch.

We’ll take a big hit on him financially unfortunately and I’m not entirely sure who we’ll be able to replace him with.

This did worry me a bit when we signed him. Seemed surprising that Juventus were so keen to get rid of him and replace him with Danilo.

He’s capable enough as a player so I too suspect that there’s question marks over his attitude/behaviour off the pitch.

We’ll take a big hit on him financially unfortunately and I’m not entirely sure who we’ll be able to replace him with.

swapsies.

He has had 4/5 clubs in the past few years because he keeps proving himself and so a better team comes in for him. Juventus I don't think were necessarily keen to sell but had to, they had just bought Ronaldo and needed cash and quickly.

He cost us £30m on the book as far as I know and theres no reason we wont get that back. I dont think he has particularly settled, he has joined a fiercely competitive league and squad and theres been rumors about his attitude all season. If he leaves it will be a shame but bank 50m+ from him and Angelino. Pep might fancy a look at Porro for competition for Walker and we may well keep Mendy and Zinch around to fight for the LB spot.

Pep Guardiola on Joao Cancelo not featuring in Madrid or at Wembley: "Be himself, open-minded, listen, try to do his best. We are here to help. The normal things I want for the players. It depends on him. I can suggest but the players have to decide the rest."

Huge mistake letting a likeable guy like Danilo leave for someone who has moved clubs in almost every window.

never do business with Juve, they always win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.