#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on Joao Cancelo not featuring in Madrid or at Wembley: "Be himself, open-minded, listen, try to do his best. We are here to help. The normal things I want for the players. It depends on him. I can suggest but the players have to decide the rest."
Suggests maybe that his attitude is questionable. "it depends on him".

Surprising as the club does analyse everything about players we sign, but I suppose even our execs are human and make mistakes.

Huge mistake letting a likeable guy like Danilo leave for someone who has moved clubs in almost every window.

never do business with Juve, they always win.
In fairness, Juventus were not keen to sell Cancelo but had to as they are financially in a mess. Loss making club.

In fairness, Juventus were not keen to sell Cancelo but had to as they are financially in a mess. Loss making club.

and yet once again end up getting a better deal.

literally every move they make works out for them.

I’d imagine they aren’t missing him at all.

Very nice. So If he leaves Monsieur Pep can invest another 100m into the Defence. Like every other year. He better keep him. There‘s no real replacement on the market and Walker won‘t/can‘t play 60 games.

Very nice. So If he leaves Monsieur Pep can invest another 100m into the Defence. Like every other year. He better keep him. There‘s no real replacement on the market and Walker won‘t/can‘t play 60 games.
We have spent nearly 20m on the replacement for Walker already in Yan Couto and Pedro Porro. I think Pep will give Porro a real chance in pre season. Cancelo will go I think which is a shame as he is a good player, just hasn't really settled. Given Walker a kick though which Danilo never really did imo.

Seems pretty obvious what's happened - his head's gone.

Maybe a combination of moving to a new country where he doesn't speak the language, with a new baby born before Christmas, and barely getting on the pitch. So he's considering his future here already.

With the team struggling for form wouldn't surprise me if Pep has made an example of him - if you aren't 100% committed mentally you don't play.

A shame as I truly believe he's a victim of circumstance and ought to have been our right back for years to come. Hopefully he still can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.