#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep had a great game if he keep that standard up he going to be a very good player for us but it was one game against our favourite team we like to score a cricket score against.

Last edited:
So what is that’s gone wrong with this guy? I keep hearing behind the scenes etc, yesterday was his best game for us, he’s certainly got skills and looked the best in that position this season.

Looks great last night, the ability to cut in and open space through the middle is something we've never had. However, i'm not convinced Pep see's it that way. He likes the balance that Mendy and Walker give, so Cancelo might need to use this to try and get that RB spot.

So what is that’s gone wrong with this guy? I keep hearing behind the scenes etc, yesterday was his best game for us, he’s certainly got skills and looked the best in that position this season.

Fairly sure the latter cost him some games as he wasn't in the squad a couple of times either side of the birth. That might have disrupted his season a bit. I also don't think he's helped by the fact that he looks like a bit of a diva. Maybe that's totally unfair on him, I don't know.

There's no doubting his talent though, he's fantastic.

He played really well last night. He is probably our best full back in terms of attacking/defensive balance. Rather than burst forwards and pass back to the CB or sideways like Walker he has the ability to beat a man or play a really good pass forwards. His ball to Jesus for example when he switched to right back, backspin right into his run, but Jesus actually didn't see the spin on the ball and overran it.

Very good in possession too and is also quick enough to get back into position. Should be used at left back with Mendy suspended in the CL. Definitely a player we should stick with if he wants to stay. Another season with us he'll be more used to the pace of the league and can hopefully push on.

I've only ever heard he's not happy on Bluemoon, never seen it anywhere else myself. Seems like something posted a couple of time that's gained some sort of general acceptance.

He played really well last night. He is probably our best full back in terms of attacking/defensive balance. Rather than burst forwards and pass back to the CB or sideways like Walker he has the ability to beat a man or play a really good pass forwards. His ball to Jesus for example when he switched to right back, backspin right into his run, but Jesus actually didn't see the spin on the ball and overran it.

Very good in possession too and is also quick enough to get back into position. Should be used at left back with Mendy suspended in the CL. Definitely a player we should stick with if he wants to stay. Another season with us he'll be more used to the pace of the league and can hopefully push on.
i didnt know Mendy was suspended, he will definetly start there then for me

I've only ever heard he's not happy on Bluemoon, never seen it anywhere else myself. Seems like something posted a couple of time that's gained some sort of general acceptance.
Pep said this last night; "All I want with Joao is this happiness in training, relation with the mates and that he enjoys it because we know the quality that he has. With his happiness in the training sessions he is going to help us a lot in the next seasons..."

So there has clearly been something behind him not integrating with the group very well and not enjoying himself.

He played well last night and was crisp with his passing and interplay. I had forgotten mendy was suspended for the CL game and he is definitely more dynamic than zinchenko.

He is still prone to moments of madness though like 10 minutes out so into the game where he tried to clear a ball that had looped up into the air and ended up side footing it to a Watford player 10 yards out. It didn’t cost us last night though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.