#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal look a very good side and Cancelo is a brilliant player. Defensively not the best, but his ability going forwards and on the ball outweigh that in my opinion. I think Walker is only better defensively because he has the pace to recover. But on every other aspect of a full back's play he is a lot weaker than Cancelo.

Portugal look a very good side and Cancelo is a brilliant player. Defensively not the best, but his ability going forwards and on the ball outweigh that in my opinion. I think Walker is only better defensively because he has the pace to recover. But on every other aspect of a full back's play he is a lot weaker than Cancelo.

Both of them suffer from losing concentration at key moments. Cancelo is terrible when people run in behind him, whereas Walker often switches off when crosses come in. Both have had some issues with overplaying and getting caught out at times too.

However, both bring great energy and dynamism to the side when they play, in very different ways. I think we're ultimately very lucky to have two great options in that position

Both of them suffer from losing concentration at key moments. Cancelo is terrible when people run in behind him, whereas Walker often switches off when crosses come in. Both have had some issues with overplaying and getting caught out at times too.

However, both bring great energy and dynamism to the side when they play, in very different ways. I think we're ultimately very lucky to have two great options in that position
Definitely. I'm always harsh on Walker. I just think with his pace he could be so much more of an attacking threat, but he's rarely got an end product. And Cancelo, on the ball can definitely over play but is incredibly good with the ball as a creative threat. He's put good balls into the box on numerous occasions and has a good shot on him, as the video from last night shows.

There aren't many full backs out there that can merge both skills effectively. You usually lose one for another. When you look at all four of the RBs in the England squad originally, they each have strengths and weaknesses. James is probably the best all rounder. Pace, physicality and able to defend and attack well.

Makes a farce of the whole tournament what happens if you get to the latter stages and people start testing positive, you can’t field your best team.
I thought he already had covid and surely all professional footballers in the UK have had their jabs.

Doesn’t mean he can’t catch it again.
I just thought the fact that he already had it, that he has had his jabs and that the team would be enforcing strict Covid rules, the chances of him catching it again would be next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.