#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he play as a wide attacker? If he played as an out and out winger he could perhaps contribute more than Sterling or Mahrez by getting into the box fast and crossing from deep? I'd love to see it and see if he also got into the right positions to score where the other 2 seem to falter so often.

(Same for Torres though - wish he played more often)

Could he play as a wide attacker? If he played as an out and out winger he could perhaps contribute more than Sterling or Mahrez by getting into the box fast and crossing from deep? I'd love to see it and see if he also got into the right positions to score where the other 2 seem to falter so often.

(Same for Torres though - wish he played more often)

I think the reason he’s able to get into the positions he does is because he is (nominally) playing at fullback. If he started as a winger he’d have a man on him all the time. In his current role he must be a bloody nightmare to try and mark

Don't know if it's been said before but a possible replacement for Fernandinho in midfield? Reads the game well, surprisingly likes a crunching tackle, passes well, has fantastic stamina and likes a shot. Fairly useful in the airto boot. Has really settled and shone so far this season. I have to hold my hands up and say I thought we had bought a dud initially. Shows I know nothing about football amd should stick to just watching. Makings of an absolute star.

Don't know if it's been said before but a possible replacement for Fernandinho in midfield? Reads the game well, surprisingly likes a crunching tackle, passes well, has fantastic stamina and likes a shot. Fairly useful in the airto boot. Has really settled and shone so far this season. I have to hold my hands up and say I thought we had bought a dud initially. Shows I know nothing about football amd should stick to just watching. Makings of an absolute star.
I think that he could play in midfield in a pinch like he did against Palace as a sub, but I think it would be either more of a 2 man midfield or him higher up to help in attack. I don't think he can read the game as a single pivot like Rodri or Dinho right now.

I think that he could play in midfield in a pinch like he did against Palace as a sub, but I think it would be either more of a 2 man midfield or him higher up to help in attack. I don't think he can read the game as a single pivot like Rodri or Dinho right now.
Yeah his qualities aren't really suited there, it would be like playing Foden as a DM, just a waste of what they can do further up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.