#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we need to get Cancelo type LB. Just imagine then... but I suspect that will be fucking hard to find. If we can find one, pay whatever it takes.

Jack Harrison.

Him & Cancelo main strength are Key passes & Dribbling ability.

Of course Cancelo is better at most things, but I would like to see Harrison be tested at LB with Pep.

That pass to Gundogan for the 1st goal, no other Fullback within 250 miles on of Manchester would have made that.

He'll make mistakes and some of his attempts won't come off as he's the Debryune of fullbacks. But his ball skill, vision, passing range, and shooting technique are just above and beyond what is expected or required of a fullback.

He is one of the 7 undroppables. Said it months ago. Nothing has changed since. :)

The guy is a pep legend.
Runs is bollocks off and is 2 footed.
WOW this guy embarrasses Sterling every time they on the same pitch together

The guy is a pep legend.
Runs is bollocks off and is 2 footed.
WOW this guy embarrasses Sterling every time they on the same pitch together
I'll never understand the point of posts like this, do you know we won 5-0?

Class player, definitely the best "full back" in the league this season so far.

Now we need to get Cancelo type LB. Just imagine then... but I suspect that will be fucking hard to find. If we can find one, pay whatever it takes.
Obviously doesn’t have the same quality but Zinchenko’s been doing the inverted fullback role quite nicely, been making some good passes from CM. He’s definitely benefitting from having Stones & Dias together. Maybe Ake or Laporte? Barring injuries it’s looking difficult to dislodge the 2.

Also, I was wrong about Cancelo. Very wrong. Thought he was a weird addition when we had Walker and that he wasn’t a LB. He’s been excellent.

It was clear he was always going to be class given a run in our team,his footballing brain,decision making,desire and technical ability make for a formidable and very influential player.He contributes to us being a better 11 magnificently.

Does such a player even exist?

Cancelo is like this weird combination of a quick agile winger, whose good at creating chances (perhaps not at taking them), excellent ball control, but also can defend when he needs do (where his speed helps and runs his ass off).

Most players who have those qualities (minus the defending) would demand to play as a winger, and never as a fullback, and would be good wingers too (like Cancelo).

Basically, I guess we have to convert Cancelo-like wingers into fullbacks, I don't think fullbacks naturally are like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.