#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does such a player even exist?

Cancelo is like this weird combination of a quick agile winger, whose good at creating chances (perhaps not at taking them), excellent ball control, but also can defend when he needs do (and runs his ass off).

Most players who have those qualities (minus the defending) would demand to play as a winger, and never as a fullback, and would be good wingers too (like Cancelo).

Basically, I guess we have to convert Cancelo-like wingers into fullbacks, I don't think fullbacks naturally are like this.
At the level we're playing at duplicates don't exist for any player, sadly.

At the level we're playing at duplicates don't exist for any player, sadly.
Sure I get that, but I think it's even harder for Cancelo, as I don't think I could feasibly think of ANY player.

I could think of a couple people to play in our other positions though in our way.

Sure I get that, but I think it's even harder for Cancelo, as I don't think I could feasibly think of ANY player.

I could think of a couple people to play in our other positions though in our way.
Juventus have some hotshot fullback who's apparently really impressing called Danilo.

He's not quite as good as Cancelo, but I've heard exciting things about the lad.

Juventus have some hotshot fullback who's apparently really impressing called Danilo.

He's not quite as good as Cancelo, but I've heard exciting things about the lad.
If Pep tried the Cancelo experiment with Danilo I don't think it would turn out.

I think the back 3 Danilo makes at Juve suits him alot more, similar to how Pep used him here.

This guy has just upped the level of what an inverted fullback should be. We seen Delph and Zinch do it on the left where they are basically another midfielder feeding the ball in and holding to an extent. This guy was basically the deep lying playmaker against West Brom. They never had a chance of sitting deep because he kept breaking the lines into the forwards time after time creating so many chances. The Pirlo of fullbacks? F*&% me!

Last edited:
If Pep tried the Cancelo experiment with Danilo I don't think it would turn out.

I think the back 3 Danilo makes at Juve suits him alot more, similar to how Pep used him here.
I was just trying to be cute haha, as you said there's nobody that can do what Cancelo does.

Jack Harrison.

Him & Cancelo main strength are Key passes & Dribbling ability.

Of course Cancelo is better at most things, but I would like to see Harrison be tested at LB with Pep.
I don't know if he can be a false 8 like Cancelo, but definitely a LB experiment I would like to see. Unfortunately he's not coming back here isn't it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.