João Félix

Do you folks who like this guy seriously think, if we signed him he would hugely lift City next season ?

Surely it would be some years from now, we would see a significant difference, assuming he reaches the level you think he will ?

Even if he reaches that level, is he really what City need, at this stage ?
Couldn't say whether he's good enough and think he's in the wrong team with the wrong manager to know. What I do think from what bits I saw at Benfica is if we don't get Messi but want a similar player that can play a few positions, or a false 9, and I mean a false 9 that can finish not a converted midfielder that you hope can finish then he looked that sort of player. The trouble is we can't tell playing for Atletico if he's developed from his Benfica days.

Couldn't say whether he's good enough and think he's in the wrong team with the wrong manager to know. What I do think from what bits I saw at Benfica is if we don't get Messi but want a similar player that can play a few positions, or a false 9, and I mean a false 9 that can finish not a converted midfielder that you hope can finish then he looked that sort of player. The trouble is we can't tell playing for Atletico if he's developed from his Benfica days.

I don't understand why we would even consider him in any position for the money involved or even for half the money involved.

If he was at City now, we would be struggling to get him on the pitch, irrespective of what he 'might' become.

If he came here it would surely have to be a loan move, to see what he does & whether we could use him ?

I don't understand why we would even consider him in any position for the money involved or even for half the money involved.

If he was at City now, we would be struggling to get him on the pitch, irrespective of what he 'might' become.

If he came here it would surely have to be a loan move, to see what he does & whether we could use him ?
For the money involved I agree, a loan would be good. As I say haven't seen enough to be sure myself. Just a feeling I have, based only on his initial Benfica games, there's a talent in there. Would only work for me though if Mahrez moved and he filled that space in the squad.

I don't know if what you say is true, re his potential, but for Portugal, he is usually their least effective creative player, & seems to be doing nothing special in La Liga.

If we paid 100 mil for him, where would he play ?
As I said, his injury and time under Simeone has done him no good so far. Bad decision on his part going there, but also, he wanted out of Benfica and the only option was Atletico (only team able to pay clause) so he accepted that.

I think, hearing on podcasts and through Sam Lee, City's offer was below his clause and around €80-90m. He fits the false 9 player we've been looking for, would have played a lot of games centrally, and Jesus/Sterling would have been wide players. But if Aguero was fit he would have played just behind him and Jesus or alongside Aguero in a 2. Lots of options. All hypotheticals now obviously.

Be interesting to find who City see as their backup after Messi, if it is to be believed, as Sam Lee said. My guess is Felix, but I could be wrong.

for what it's worth I think even if we got him he wouldn't have come in straight away, not at least until Aguero was gone. Probably would have bought and let him stay Benfica for a year or two, see if Jesus moves, which he almost did that season apparently.

As I said, his injury and time under Simeone has done him no good so far. Bad decision on his part going there, but also, he wanted out of Benfica and the only option was Atletico (only team able to pay clause) so he accepted that.

I think, hearing on podcasts and through Sam Lee, City's offer was below his clause and around €80-90m. He fits the false 9 player we've been looking for, would have played a lot of games centrally, and Jesus/Sterling would have been wide players. But if Aguero was fit he would have played just behind him and Jesus of alongside Aguero in a 2. Lots of options. All hypotheticals now obviously.

Be interesting to find who City see as their backup after Messi, if it is to be believed, as Sam Lee said. My guess is Felix, but I could be wrong.

I don't get how he 'would' have played though ?

He would surely have been on the bench, if that ?

I don't get how he 'would' have played though ?

He would surely have been on the bench, if that ?
I've explained how he could've fit in, in a tactical way.

Aside, I'm saying if we were willing to pay that much and get him in, it would be so we could play him in our team in a lot of games. Obviously, there's no guaranteed starters in our team aside maybe KDB, Laporte and Ederson.

I've explained how he could've fit in, in a tactical way.

Aside, I'm saying if we were willing to pay that much and get him in, it would be so we could play him in our team in a lot of games. Obviously, there's no guaranteed starters in our team aside maybe KDB, Laporte and Ederson.

Tactical yes, but personnel wise, why put him in the team when all of our attacking players are currently better than him ?

We would basically be signing him, dropping a better performing player & playing him in a different formation for an experiment which costs us 100 million.

I don't understand why he is being rumoured to be, or have been, of any interest to us.

im amazed that more "transfers" considering the money involved aren't loan to buy, surely the way forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.