João Félix

This is what I said three months ago.....

I think the Felix situation is likely to be a case of a badly planned use of Joao by Diego Simeone and his assistant at the Metropolitano over the last nine months.

Given the right direction which is more based to the style of play that he was accustomed to when wearing a Benfica shirt, he will be revealed as a truly talented attacking playmaking goalscorer.

Since that time Simeone has handled his situation with
a great deal of tact and now fully understands how to get the best out of him having given him a more fluid attacking role.

Sadly for us, as far as acquiring his services are concerned, that ship sailed many weeks ago. Not only that but his value must have risen exponentially in the interim.

Fortunately, Ferran Torres will, I’m sure, continue to develop into a truly exciting forward as the season develops.

Is he another short arse who's technique is great but wouldn't have the pace or strength to break through the parked buses we constantly have to face?

Like David Silva you mean ?

Yes but nowhere near as good. I don't think we'll ever find a like for like for David Silva, so we need a player with something different to beat these ten man defences we keep facing. Someone searingly quick whilst dribbling with ball, at the very least it'd win us a few more pens or free kicks around the box.

Yes but nowhere near as good. I don't think we'll ever find a like for like for David Silva, so we need a player with something different to beat these ten man defences we keep facing. Someone searingly quick whilst dribbling with ball, at the very least it'd win us a few more pens or free kicks around the box.
Quickness of mind against a parked bus is better than speed in legs if there is no space to run into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.