João Félix

Fingers crossed for Felix, if we can't land Kane.

Couldn't think of a more ideal player given the way we've played over the past 12 months. Argubably the best potential of a false 9 in the world. Reminds me of Kaka so so much. Given his age and talent, he'd be a star under Pep.

However, almost impossible to see Atletico selling for what they paid - €120million - and would probably want more. Also, Pep seems hell bent on a ready made star rather than one needing plenty of work.

I’m not sure that the original purchase price has such a direct bearing on a sale price.
It’s standard practice to take a players total cost and annualise it in the books.
So that a player costing say €120M on a 5 year contract would be valued on the books at €96M after 1 year, €72M after 2 years and so on until the book value is (obviously) at €0M after 5 years.
I think Felix will have been at AM for 2 years now so €72M + €1 would show as a €1 profit in AM’s accounts.

I'd love to have Felix but not if he's the supposed goalscorer we should be after. More if anybody leaves. If it did happen then it'd be one of those 'creative' transfers KAM mentioned rather than a fee.

AM would take a few of our players I bet. Mainly Bernardo and Jesus for their quality and work rate.

I’m not sure that the original purchase price has such a direct bearing on a sale price.
It’s standard practice to take a players total cost and annualise it in the books.
So that a player costing say €120M on a 5 year contract would be valued on the books at €96M after 1 year, €72M after 2 years and so on until the book value is (obviously) at €0M after 5 years.
I think Felix will have been at AM for 2 years now so €72M + €1 would show as a €1 profit in AM’s accounts.
I understand what you're saying, it's just too difficult to see Atletico willingly selling Felix.

I think if we swapped Bernardo for him, he wouldn't come in as a striker, because he doesn't really look like a real striker to me. I think this guy can play in any attacking position, he looks very technical which is good. I say, I haven't seen him play in a game but I just watched a yt video and he looks a bit like David Silva to me, and not just because of his hair. If there is any reality to this swap deal then I hope we don't give up on Kane because this guy doesn't look like a real striker .

Presumably any deal for Felix would involve a player being included as Athletico would want stupid money for him.

He wouldn’t be an alternative to Kane or Haaland though.

Presumably any deal for Felix would involve a player being included as Athletico would want stupid money for him.

He wouldn’t be an alternative to Kane or Haaland though.
WE have players that Atletico may well want and players who may want a new challenge, the stars could align on this one.

Seen him play a few times and haven't been convinced about anything other than he has a passing resemblance to Aguero, that for me is where any comparison ends.

Seen him play a few times and haven't been convinced about anything other than he has a passing resemblance to Aguero, that for me is where any comparison ends.
Same for me. Not one to get overly excited about, infact I don't feel anything at all about it.

I believe his contract is for seven years (2019-2026).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.