João Félix

Thanks.

Felix would be great, but I still don't see how him + Mahrez + Sané + Jesus can all be at the club. If we get him I think it's because we've pulled the plug on Mahrez or Jesus/Sané demand to leave for game time. And I'd be pretty sad to see Sané or Gabby leave.
I think Pep should just switch to 4-4-2, playing a wide inside midfielder on the right using Foden and Bernardo as technical midfielders, instead of wingers on that side.
This 4-4-2 would be similar to a 4-3-3 as well with the left midfielder pushing up more and right midfielder coming inside more

I think this honestly lets Sane run free in a more forward position (like Mbappe), rather than being forced out wide where tight dribbling and not losing the ball is more important (where Sterling and Bernardo are better). Would also make sense with buying Felix instead, so our future line up could be like:

-----------------------Felix/Sane----------------Jesus/Sane------------------------- 3 forwards for 2 positions
Sterling/Sane--------------New DM---------------Kevin-------------Bernardo/Mahrez/Foden
Mendy/Zinny--------Laporte/Otamendi------Stones/Otamendi-----Walker/Danilo

I have considered older players who will probably move in within 2 seasons (Aguero/Dinho/David/Kompany) and that Gundogan is likely leaving us.

With Dinho and Gundogan potentially leaving soon though our midfield looks quite bare from what I've drawn, so now I'm unsure about it, unless we buy many defensive midfielders.

All of this can be scrapped if Pep just plays Bernardo central and plays Sane RW, but he doesn't want to try that.

I think Pep should just switch to 4-4-2, playing a wide inside midfielder on the right using Foden and Bernardo as technical midfielders, instead of wingers on that side.
This 4-4-2 would be similar to a 4-3-3 as well with the left midfielder pushing up more and right midfielder coming inside more

I think this honestly lets Sane run free in a more forward position (like Mbappe), rather than being forced out wide where tight dribbling and not losing the ball is more important (where Sterling and Bernardo are better). Would also make sense with buying Felix instead, so our future line up could be like:

-----------------------Felix/Sane----------------Jesus/Sane------------------------- 3 forwards for 2 positions
Sterling/Sane--------------New DM---------------Kevin-------------Bernardo/Mahrez/Foden
Mendy/Zinny--------Laporte/Otamendi------Stones/Otamendi-----Walker/Danilo

I have considered older players who will probably move in within 2 seasons (Aguero/Dinho/David/Kompany) and that Gundogan is likely leaving us.

With Dinho and Gundogan potentially leaving soon though our midfield looks quite bare from what I've drawn, so now I'm unsure about it, unless we buy many defensive midfielders.

All of this can be scrapped if Pep just plays Bernardo central and plays Sane RW, but he doesn't want to try that.

Pep isn't going to change his principles to keep Leroy Sané happy. He's been married to 433/343 for 99% of the last 40 years, winning everything going as a player and a manager, and there's no reason to change.

442 with attacking midfielders in the 2 is impossible to do without ripping up everything Pep does. You can't pin 2 players high and wide, you can't have the 2-3 in defence, you can't dominate midfield.

Pep isn't going to change his principles to keep Leroy Sané happy. He's been married to 433/343 for 99% of the last 40 years, winning everything going as a player and a manager, and there's no reason to change.
I understand, but I don't think his principles are necessary tied to his formation. He made Bayern Munich use so many formations but each formation had his distinct Pep style of play. I think you can play 4-4-2 in Pep's way.

Anyways, beside that, what do you think about putting Bernardo in the middle (dropping David) and using Sane on the right? I know Pep likes the control David brings so he plays both Silvas when he can, I just think there has to be a way to utilize Sane's talents more frequently.

I understand, but I don't think his principles are necessary tied to his formation. He made Bayern Munich use so many formations but each formation had his distinct Pep style of play. I think you can play 4-4-2 in Pep's way.

Anyways, beside that, what do you think about putting Bernardo in the middle (dropping David) and using Sane on the right? I know Pep likes the control David brings so he plays both Silvas when he can, I just think there has to be a way to utilize Sane's talents more frequently.

You can't play 442 the Pep way. You can't have 2 wide people pinned high and wide, because then you've only got 2 players in midfield and you'll get fucked. You can't have a defensive position where 2 players sit infront of a back 3, because you're either defending in a 4 or getting all your width from the fullbacks, In which case you're a man short in defence.

What would happen is 1 striker drops into midfield, the 2 wide players go high and wide and then....you're back to 433.

His formation is tied to his principles because the latter determines the former. That's why at Bayern he'd play 3331 or 343 or 4231 because they're all give or take variations of 433 which keep the same number of players in the same areas of the pitch.

It would be sad to see Leroy go, but the system is king. It's not going to change to accomodate anyone.

You can't play 442 the Pep way. You can't have 2 wide people pinned high and wide, because then you've only got 2 players in midfield and you'll get fucked. You can't have a defensive position where 2 players sit infront of a back 3, because you're either defending in a 4 or getting all your width from the fullbacks, In which case you're a man short in defence.

What would happen is 1 striker drops into midfield, the 2 wide players go high and wide and then....you're back to 433.

His formation is tied to his principles because the latter determines the former. That's why at Bayern he'd play 3331 or 343 or 4231 because they're all give or take variations of 433 which keep the same number of players in the same areas of the pitch.

It would be sad to see Leroy go, but the system is king. It's not going to change to accomodate anyone.
Again the idea is that it would be a fluid system.

You can have the strikers rotationally stretch the pitch with the wide midfielders, you can have the fullbacks outwide to stretch the pitch.

You can achieve a 3-2 defensive block by dropping the defensive midfielder between the lines and having one of the wide midfielders come central (probably right-sided midfielder) or by having the fullbacks come central.

The 4-4-2 can switch to 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 very naturally when utilized in a proper system. Monaco 2 years were very successful in this, Mbappe was one of the 2 strikers and often stayed wide to stretch, Bernardo also often came inside to make a 3 man midfield.

It's been tried before, but Leroy isn't great at going right. He can go left and shoot a curler, but in that sense he is predictable so teams will not let him go to his left. This is why people don't understand, but Bernardo has been the best right winger. It's not all about pace. He has everything else to break down the opposition. Berarndo has the close ball control and trickery that allows him to go left and shoot, go right to the byline and also has a telepathy with Kev to know when to play the ball into him so he can whip a wicked cross in. Sane has to be better with his all around game. Teams are sitting deeper now and know if Sane is in the team to not let him go beyond the defence. Saying all that Bernardo may come in the middle now that Kev is injured maybe we'll see it again or just have Sane on the left and Sterling on the right again.

Anyway about Felix. He's looks to have all the skills to play anywhere. I think Pep likes that in players. Sadly I could see if we do break the bank for him that Sane be sold which I wouldn't like.

Again the idea is that it would be a fluid system.

You can have the strikers rotationally stretch the pitch with the wide midfielders, you can have the fullbacks outwide to stretch the pitch.

You can achieve a 3-2 defensive block by dropping the defensive midfielder between the lines and having one of the wide midfielders come central (probably right-sided midfielder) or by having the fullbacks come central.

The 4-4-2 can switch to 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 very naturally when utilized in a proper system. Monaco 2 years were very successful in this, Mbappe was one of the 2 strikers and often stayed wide to stretch, Bernardo also often came inside to make a 3 man midfield.

What you've just described is a 433 but playing a striker who drops into midfield as one of the #8s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.