João Félix

Shaffer92

Well-Known Member
Joined
15 Jul 2020
Messages
2,775
Team supported
Man City
Not sure what advantage the club would get confirming to Minay even if they were interested?
 

Alan Harper's Tash

Well-Known Member
Joined
12 Dec 2010
Messages
23,582
Sorry AHT but Bravo was 99% a disaster.
Had he been given a more indulgent debut than an away derby then he might have built his confidence and been much more reliable, but I genuinely believe his obvious nerves that day had a long term effect on his future performances.
He never really recovered from that shaky derby debut, notwithstanding that we won the game and his later penalty shootout heroics in the Carabao etc
He was certainly a better keeper than we ever really saw at City but I also think he was probably just on the wrong side of past his best when we signed him
I’m not trying to suggest he was a success, but I don’t think he was as bad as he’s remembered,
 

Alan Harper's Tash

Well-Known Member
Joined
12 Dec 2010
Messages
23,582
Honestly believe that debut at the shithole ruined him, killed his confidence. Never really recovered.
If it was Burnley at home it could have all been different
He was the keeper to help us play from the back.

He fucked up at OT and had a crisis of confidence.

He might have struggled to adapt to England and new surroundings too. Who knows?

He also had Kolarov playing left centre back in front of him, learning the position, Pepball and playing out from the back.

He was decent for us as a back up keeper. Far better than Steffan.

I do think you are right and his confidence died at OT, but his defence didn’t help and we all know that Pep team’s keepers face hardly any small chances and the fewest big chances.

This means their save percentages are poor as a result.
 

Cobwebcat

Well-Known Member
Joined
21 Aug 2007
Messages
11,878
Location
Centurions 9301
Team supported
Manchester City
I really don’t City are interested as much as his agent would like us to be and I think that’s the case whoever we sell. I just don’t think he has progressed at the rate expected and has turned from an exceptional prospect to an OK player…someone to take a chance on if they were going relatively cheap and would take a wage cut.
 

City64!

Active Member
Joined
20 Jun 2022
Messages
26
Location
Wigan
Team supported
The Mighty Blues and the Pub!
He probably did with Nolito.

Mendy got injured and, well, you know.

Bravo did alright too and was a victim of a defence learning how to play Pepball.

For whatever reason, our keepers always get more stick than they should, apart from Joe Hart, who fans decided they couldn’t criticise.
Rubbish! Mendy was poor before the injury. Name a match where he was stand out performer? Bravo?! One shot one goal did “alright” hahaha
 

Alan Harper's Tash

Well-Known Member
Joined
12 Dec 2010
Messages
23,582
Rubbish! Mendy was poor before the injury. Name a match where he was stand out performer? Bravo?! One shot one goal did “alright” hahaha
You’ve been put right about Mendy already, but Bravo had the same issues as Ederson. 99% of the time he wasn’t needed, the remaining 1% he had a one on one/huge chance that he was expected to save.

It‘s how Pep plays.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.