Jo playing wide left.

Da_Blu_Moona

Why hasn't Hughes considered this?

Jo's problem for me is that he either drops too deep to come and collect the ball or he drifts out too far wide on the left, thinking he's Henry with that #14 shirt on! So why not start him out on the left, seeing as Robinho is injured for now.

Have an attacking trio of:

Jo...................Sturridge..................SWP

The formation could be fluid and interchangable meaning that the 3 would be constantly switching and changing positions, making them a lot harder to mark.

Just an idea, what does everyone think?

A forward low on confidence, lets put him on the wing and destroy his confidence further. Are you Stuart Pearce?

Well we have a history for playing strikers on the left wing so why not (i.e. Sam Harris).

Not sure putting a crap striker out on the left side would be a good idea, we do that with vassell on the right and he gets slaughtered( and he at least has pace on his side) Jo shouldnt be in the first team, but if has to at least give him half a chance in his best position.

Da_Blu_Moona said:

Jo's problem for me is that he either drops too deep to come and collect the ball or he drifts out too far wide on the left, thinking he's Henry with that #14 shirt on! So why not start him out on the left, seeing as Robinho is injured for now.

The formation could be fluid and interchangable meaning that the 3 would be constantly switching and changing positions, making them a lot harder to mark.

Fine, if Jo would be prepared to give it a real go.

He lost my goodwill for sheer lack of spirit in the 2nd half against Everton. If I were Hughes I'd have subbed the sub.

Da_Blu_Moona said:

Ridiculous.

I myself would give a thought to putting Garrido on the left mid to get some crosses into the forward, be it Jo or Sturridge, the guy can cross a good ball so a decent striker should have a field day.

Big G said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:

Ridiculous.

I myself would give a thought to putting Garrido on the left mid to get some crosses into the forward, be it Jo or Sturridge, the guy can cross a good ball so a decent striker should have a field day.

this works better for me. Get Jo in the middle grafting to get on the end of some service. Danny up with with him to pick up the pieces. Also gives us better defensive cover when we loose the ball.

Todays Guardian has Johnson in the team. Is that correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.