#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A flair player who’s had limited opportunity to settle and from whom we’ve still to see the best in sky blue.

Saturday’s was an eye-catching performance, if a bit off the wall for a nominal LB. He provided far more energy and creativity in a free roving role than any/all our midfielders and forwards who started. He and Phil were our stand-outs.

Adding to my previous post, here’s a guy with energy to burn and something to prove in a sea of jaded players and walking (plus non-walking) wounded. If we can find a role for him, he could yet pay dividends.

A flair player who’s had limited opportunity to settle and from whom we’ve still to see the best in sky blue.

Saturday’s was an eye-catching performance, if a bit off the wall for a nominal LB. He provided far more energy and creativity in a free roving role than any/all our midfielders and forwards who started. He and Phil were our stand-outs.
I've been impressed the last couple of games. Certainly the odd mistake and bit of inexperience in him, but looks like a genuine box to box player.

Sorry friends, was really excited when this guy joined, but seeing him play, he is a liability. Likes the dribble a bit too much and tries to beat his man in dangerous places for us. His defending is shocking. I'm going to say it again, his defending is outright shocking. I was a fan of him before he joined but for me, he's a huge risk. Does have an upside attacking but defensively he is a huge liability.

Sorry friends, was really excited when this guy joined, but seeing him play, he is a liability. Likes the dribble a bit too much and tries to beat his man in dangerous places for us. His defending is shocking. I'm going to say it again, his defending is outright shocking. I was a fan of him before he joined but for me, he's a huge risk. Does have an upside attacking but defensively he is a huge liability.
Sounds like ideal cover for mendy at lb then :-(

Pep should use him as LW

Cancelo - Jesus / Aguero - Sterling

Heard Kevin Mc Cloud telling this on Grand designs once.
It reminds me of buying Cancelo. Paying way too much for someone we don't really need.

A longstanding urban legend goes like this: During the space race of the 1960s, NASA spent millions developing a fancy "space pen" that could be used in zero gravity ... but the Soviets just used a pencil. This story resonates with us because NASA did actually spend piles of money on writing utensils in space—in 1965 they paid $128 per mechanical.pencilaccording to NASA historians (for the record, the pencils had high-strength outer casings, but the writing guts were just regular mechanical pencils). It just seems logical that the thrifty Soviets would use a simpler, smarter solution

For someone who is a RB or a RWB he has no interest in defending at all . Its quite funny .

It’s not quite as black and white as that. He’s good at pressing, he steps in to make interceptions as well as anyone in the squad and he makes comfortably more tackles per game than anyone else we have. So in some respects he is a good defensive player.

However, when it comes to positioning himself near his own box, or tracking runners, or just general defensive awareness of anything that isn’t happening straight in front of him, he’s about as bad as I’ve seen at this level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.