#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn with him.
He has a demeanor which my mum would have described as 'sulky brute'
I like some of his offensive play, very clever with good technique
Defensively, he is not great. Gives the ball away too easily, relies on CB's to get him out of trouble irrespective of which side he is on.
He is certainly better than last season but brain farts and all, would prefer Walker at right back with Cancelo at left.

I am torn with him.
Defensively, he is not great. Gives the ball away too easily, relies on CB's to get him out of trouble irrespective of which side he is on.
He is certainly better than last season but brain farts and all, would prefer Walker at right back with Cancelo at left.
Well the big difference this season, is in how Cancelo is employed. He starts from the RB position, moves into DM position, and if the play allows, shift further into the AM/#10 position. Somewhat a "full back playmaker". Walker can definitely achieve moving from RB-DM, but it's the latter parts Walker can't replicate.

And at this moment, Pep sees Cancelo versatility and movement pivotal to our more defensive 4231.

Well the big difference this season, is in how Cancelo is employed. He starts from the RB position, moves into DM position, and if the play allows, shift further into the AM/#10 position. Somewhat a "full back playmaker". Walker can definitely achieve moving from RB-DM, but it's the latter parts Walker can't replicate.

And at this moment, Pep sees Cancelo versatility and movement pivotal to our more defensive 4231.
Maybe mate. I just see him giving the ball away, both in defence and midfield and Stones covering for him a lot. We appear more stable but that was with Walker at RB as well. Lets see what happens when Walker returns.

I'm obviously in the minority but I don't see the fuss, don't think he's been any great shakes this season.

He's like Mahrez only at fullback.

I am torn with him.
Haha ... I think "sulky brute" is a perfect description of him. He's capable of some brilliant creative forward play but not particularly well versed or disciplined in the defensive areas. He's got a petulant streak in him which I'm sure will result in a sending off or two at some stage. Both him and Zinchenko appeared out of position quite often last night and allowed Brighton far more opportunities than we've been giving teams recently.

Haha ... I think "sulky brute" is a perfect description of him. He's capable of some brilliant creative forward play but not particularly well versed or disciplined in the defensive areas. He's got a petulant streak in him which I'm sure will result in a sending off or two at some stage. Both him and Zinchenko appeared out of position quite often last night and allowed Brighton far more opportunities than we've been giving teams recently.
Yeah, I thought that too. Clean sheet but not as impenetrable as of late. We were a bit lucky a couple of times.

He puts in a shift and will fling himself into tackles so I don't really get the comparison.

The two similarities I see is that they both have an incredible amount of talent and a face like a slapped arse.

Takes too long on the ball at times, an unwillingness to use his weaker foot (which is understandable when playing out of position but the fancy Dan outside of the boot stuff works out every tenth time at best) and is more a MOTD player than a full 90 minutes one.

That's just my opinion. I prefer him attacking than defending, I prefer Walker defending than attacking so they work well in that sense but I just don't get this POTS hype at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.