job hunters

Manchester la la la la

How long have you been looking for work for?

been 14 months for me now and i have a uni degree

about to start looking for voluntary work as the jobcentre are useless even though im on every course or scheme they offer

every interview i go for i always get told i was awesome in the interview, but they offered the position to someone with more experience

yet I have 5 years of administrative experience

getting to the point where the job gap is going to be an issue and employers will ask what ive been doing for over a year, not sat on my arse as im on 3 get back to work schemes a week... so, anyone here feeling my pain?

I just want to work but need a perm position to be able to support my family as temp contracts are no good as i got a missus and 2 young kids to feed which benefits is a security net for at the moment

bryan156 said:
Moon Under Water - Wetherspoons on Deansgate, always looking for staff!!!

im registered disabled and bar work would be a struggle for me communication wise (im deaf) otherwise id have done something like that ages ago<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
its heartbreaking read that post.

good luck lad, i feel for you.

im on every job programme the jc offer with regards to my disability, the majority of jobs at the moment are telesales, youve met me (villarreal away) and im incapable of doing telephone work, so struggling like mad

Just want work... desperate for it

I've been out of work that long , i can't remember what my last job was !

Manchester la la la la said:

about to start looking for voluntary work as the jobcentre are useless even though im on every course or scheme they offer

every interview i go for i always get told i was awesome in the interview, but they offered the position to someone with more experience

getting to the point where the job gap is going to be an issue and employers will ask what ive been doing for over a year, not sat on my arse as im on 3 get back to work schemes a week... so, anyone here feeling my pain?

I just want to work but need a perm position to be able to support my family as temp contracts are no good as i got a missus and 2 young kids to feed which benefits is a security net for at the moment

Get on a site like LinkedIn, join some groups and start to send blind contact messages.

it is a pain for any manager to advertise and if you make the contact you just might drop on their desk when they need to recruit.

As for the gap, you have kids so you have been a stay at home parent.

Voluntary work is good and apart from making you feel better it will help you with contacts and filling your CV gap.

Good luck bud.

It's tough ATM, plenty of work for 10/13k a year looks hard after that

LittleStan said:

Get on a site like LinkedIn, join some groups and start to send blind contact messages.

it is a pain for any manager to advertise and if you make the contact you just might drop on their desk when they need to recruit.

Voluntary work is good and apart from making you feel better it will help you with contacts and filling your CV gap.

Good luck bud.

cheers pal will take that on board, will look into this linkedin thing, iv got an account there but didnt know you could look for jobs using it

voluntary work next step

LittleStan said:

Good luck bud.
How you doing? Good Xmas for you

Feel for you mate,

Sadly you are the people who under the rhetoric of this govt are made out to be workshy benefit scrounging scum, which will make it harder ironically for you to get a job.

Good luck lad, hope you find some collar soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.