job rationing?

brass neck

The crunch is coming this year, mass unemployment is one its way. One high up member of social services i spoke to predicts soup kitchens on street corners within 2 years!!! That said........if we want to avoid a British Hooverville, would a system of job rationing be a sensible plan. One job per household. We don't want a situation where one household can have 2 cars and three holidays and the other has a house made from cardboard and dog shit in the local park.

How about a temporary return to just men having jobs. Women can be mothers, look after the kids and make home. If nothing else, there would be less bitching and more productivity at work due to less fraternization!!!!

It's an idea, but just will not work!

What about the families who need 2 jobs to pay for their mortgage etc?

Why can't the governments just reset the whole system after all it's just digits on a computer screen!

brass neck said:
The crunch is coming this year, mass unemployment is one its way. One high up member of social services i spoke to predicts soup kitchens on street corners within 2 years!!! That said........if we want to avoid a British Hooverville, would a system of job rationing be a sensible plan. One job per household. We don't want a situation where one household can have 2 cars and three holidays and the other has a house made from cardboard and dog shit in the local park.

How about a temporary return to just men having jobs. Women can be mothers, look after the kids and make home. If nothing else, there would be less bitching and more productivity at work due to less fraternization!!!!
Fish in any good barrels, piss poor

we've got 19% youth unemployment.

Compulsory retirement at 65 I say.

How about people who have jobs cos their bord. Jobs that could be taken by someone who needs it. If husband is earning say 50/60k a year, isnt there a good argument to say wife doesnt need a teaching assistant job. And she should either volunteer or let someone who needs the money have the job?!!

I don't think most people realise how bad this recession/depression is going to get. There is a large proportion of the country struggling to make ends meet and pay mortgages- once enough people start to default everything comes crashing down like a house of cards with mass unemployment and little in the way of a benefit safety net. I dont think we're that far from the street corner soup kitchen scenario. The Tories are fucking us up royal and the Lib Dems are happy to acquiesce in return for a token taste of power. Wankers the lot of them.

agreed. This next few months will be the killer, local government will start announcing major job cuts very soon, then the knock on will start/ Liverpool for instance is virtually all but reliant on local government jobs, the knock on to their economy will be tragic......still what sort of a shit will the Tory's give there, no one votes Tory in Liverpool so Liverpool will rot. Funny how history has a way of repeating its self. Remember the riots in Liverpool?

Take a trip to Ireland and take a look about.
We have the biggest bunch of absolute idiots running our country into the ground.

Somethings that have happened here, that the likes of politicians have done or sad..only in Ireland.

1 in 3 young Irish people emigrate, simply because there's no other choice for a lot of them.
There has been a huge exodus in Ireland, our lost generation. Get used to a regular sight of borded up buildings and a depressing atmosphere that you can't seem to shake.

Tighten those belts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.