Job Suggestions For Nephew Who Is Hard-Working But An Academic Failure?

Bus driver. If he likes people. Any other sort of driver if he doesn't.

I read that there's a real shortage of watch makers, because they're all about 108 years old and there's no-one coming through to replace them.

Or how about something in TV or radio? The BBC do work experience and training courses for people with no qualifications. Lot's of technical jobs there.

Last edited:
My nephew is smart, intelligent and very hard-working but just struggled at school, college and in any education setting for some reason... (we think he might have slight autism) which means he has zero qualifications. Ironic thing is he would probably do some of the jobs much better and be more professional than most of the people who get good qualifications into the job !

Any suggestions on jobs he can do that don't require much academic qualifications or what he should do?
You have just described all of the people working for me. Including myself. An example I use is a boy who walked in to my shop aged 16. He asking if was any jobs going. I liked him and I liked his guts. He started next day as the shop Joey. He's now 30,he's a fully fledged carpet fitter and earns around a grand a week. Hes self employed so he has bills out of that but he does ok.
Our trade couldn't care less about exams and shit. Just graft.

There are plenty of opportunities for him to work on an Apprenticeship.As an ex Assessor,I have seen many youngsters come out of education with no qualifications,but get them into a working environment and a hell of of a lot seem to excel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.