Job Suggestions For Nephew Who Is Hard-Working But An Academic Failure?

As horrible as it sounds as my job does involve working with young people but if he really is a grafter with a good work ethic he will be fine in whatever he gets into as he'll stand out like a sore thumb (in a good way) so I wouldn't worry. Get him to think about what he enjoys doing and there'll probably be an apprenticeship or training course for him somewhere.

I know more people in construction without a school qualification than have them. Also plenty with criminal records and it hasnt stopped them one bit. Minimum to get on site is a CSCS Card about 30 quid if i remember. Need to be 18 but you can be 16 if you are accompanied at all times.
I would say the best way in is if you have family /friends who are willing to give him a chance. Plasterers,dry lining,brickies are just a few that wouldnt require loads of pen pushing. Also push for weekly release at college to get quals whilst learning on the job 4 days a week. In this game a good attitude and a will to learn is worth more than anything written by a school teacher.

The title of this thread made me chuckle. What a lovely descripton.

Any factory work where he lives?

I used to work in composites (making wind turbines).

Wasn't for me paid ok tho. £23K per year and training was given on the job. Some of the tickest people I have ever met still work in that factory.
You'll know a couple of my friends then. (Not the thick ones!)

IT - systems analysis/programming if he has an interest/aptitude for it.

If he takes a shine to it and works hard he will never struggle for interesting and well-paid employment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.