jobs you didn't get(that would be laughable now)

Bill

when i was leaving school at 15 you were only allowed to leave at easter if you had a job to go to, me in my desperation not to attend school(legally)applied to be a bell boy at the midland hotel in town.

the thought of me still being there my me smile, a fat guy with a beard in a suit full of silver buttons carting cases around:)

If you had still been there doing that job de niro im fully confident they would have cast you in a remake of the shining

MI5 about7 years ago.
After going back to schoo' and doing 1 year at college followed by 3 at university i was on course for a proper interview. My colourfull past was even seen as a good thing by them.
Two weeks before the interview my housemate, and now ex-friend decided to pick a fight with me, resulting in me getting nicked and done for resisting arrest and a couple of other things. That was thst bright idea out of the window.

Also offered a job in Bermuda about 20 years ago but couldn't get past the 'immigration' panel for some reason.

stonerblue said:
MI5 about7 years ago.

That's your final bridge burnt, because aren't you not allowed to join if you tell people that you're even thinking of joining?!

I was offered a summer-job in Ibiza about 12years ago.
Basically I would have been yatch-sitting and minding a couple of Porsches for when the owner wasn't on the island.

I'm sure it would have been great fun, but I do wonder how different my life would have been if I'd not decided to stay in the full-time job I had.

Liverpool accountant.....<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 am --<br /><br />Liverpool accountant.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.