Jobs you wish you never started..

We get r done, none of that tea break BS here

You got to start with a brew or three. Assess the task at hand. Can’t go charging in to it you’ll end up with a half arsed job.

I currently have an empty DIY list. Mostly because we were looking to sell the house towards the end of last year and so I got my finger out and stopped drinking cups of tea.

I'm off this week so decided to paint my fence panels in the back garden..

It's a new fence, less than 12 months old, so I thought I'd use a brush to apply the wood stain as opposed to a spray which tends to go everywhere except on the fence..

I bought 2 large tubs of decent stain, said each tub covers approximately 18 fence panels.

Thought I'd be able to eek it out as I've got 39 panels to stain..

I started yesterday and did 12 panels before tub one was empty..

Took me over 6 hours in sunshine, wind and snow showers..

Back out first thing today, done 11 panels and have now run out of stain..

I've still got 16 panels to do and the shop has run out of the colour stain I've been using..

My back and knees are killing me and I've got a just over half painted back fence..

Grrrr..!
I've started mine too. Not got very far because it's mind-numbing and I keep stopping.
And as per my other post, the 1 coat paint does not do exactly as it says on the tin and will need at least 2.

Tip run - pulled my back loading last item in car. Now sidelined for anything strenous for a month. Hurts if I sneeze.

Harvest brown cuprinol?

That's the one..

I bought it from B&M, went back, none on the shelf.

Walked the full length of the store to find a staff member, asked her if they had any in the storeroom, even showed her a picture of the said tub..

I said, "there's none on the shelf".

"I know where that is, follow me, she replied"

We walked the full length of the store to the empty shelf, she looked at me and said.. "we haven't got any"!

I did count to 10 before telling her thanks for checking for me..

Anyway found it in B&Q, bought 2 more tubs, just need to get myself motivated for the final push tomorrow..

I've started mine too. Not got very far because it's mind-numbing and I keep stopping.
And as per my other post, the 1 coat paint does not do exactly as it says on the tin and will need at least 2.

I started to paint my first panel yesterday morning, it's taking me half an hour to paint each one with a brush, I was 10 minutes in and already fed up..

19 and a half hours to paint the fence I thought and I'm 10 minutes in and wished I never started..

I consoled myself by thinking about the game against Dortmund which I then started to get nervous about..

I was then fed up with painting the fence and stressed about the game..

I'm off this week so decided to paint my fence panels in the back garden..

It's a new fence, less than 12 months old, so I thought I'd use a brush to apply the wood stain as opposed to a spray which tends to go everywhere except on the fence..

I bought 2 large tubs of decent stain, said each tub covers approximately 18 fence panels.

Thought I'd be able to eek it out as I've got 39 panels to stain..

I started yesterday and did 12 panels before tub one was empty..

Took me over 6 hours in sunshine, wind and snow showers..

Back out first thing today, done 11 panels and have now run out of stain..

I've still got 16 panels to do and the shop has run out of the colour stain I've been using..

My back and knees are killing me and I've got a just over half painted back fence..

Grrrr..!

My old man always said if you treat them they’ll last 10 years and if you don’t, they’ll last ten years.

Just a little something to think about while you finish the job :)

We are having, or at least trying to have a log burner in the lounge. 7 years we've stared at a shite 1970's tiled fireplace. We have the stove in mind and the firm to fit it but we need the old one ripping out and made good re the plaster work. I'd do it, I've done it before but we need the plastering finished to a better standard than I'n capable. If it's not right I'll still be hearing about on my death bed....it will of course, be my fault. Can we get someone in to do the job. No chance, all the contractors seem to be more concerned doing up holiday cottages than pissy little fireplaces. After half a dozen vague promises from various tradesmen we've had to search further afield, a Handyman, at least then it wont be my fault if SWMBO decides it's not up to scratch. I wish I'd taken up a trade after leaving school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.