Jobs you wish you never started..

Good shout. We diluted a load of wood stain stuff for a load of outside furniture and trying to be cheap....used those little trigger sprays, everyone knackered within a few minutes. Went back to brushes.
I have a mate that builds decks and fences and that's what he uses. No fucking around cleaning out electric sprayers.

There was a method in my madness bluealf..

Once I'd worked out that I'd have to buy some more, I thought I'd apply it like treacle thus ensuring I'd never have to do it ever, ever, ever again..!

It better not wash off in the rain..!
After seeing the pictures I'm not surprised, plenty of them lol

It looks great by the way. If you ever find yourself over this way.......

Failsworth ?

Only joking..!

I've only been to Canada once (with work), spent 5 days in Edmonton.. enjoyed my time there..

Unfortunately I've binned my 3" brush so won't be able to take you up on your fence painting offer..!

Failsworth ?

Only joking..!

I've only been to Canada once (with work), spent 5 days in Edmonton.. enjoyed my time there..

Unfortunately I've binned my 3" brush so won't be able to take you up on your fence painting offer..!
Just 3", that's your problem right there - no jokes, please. I found a brush like this one but much longer ...

... and did ten panels in 3 hrs. That's 18 mins each AND I've got a dodgy shoulder at the moment so had to share the work with my slower left hand.

I said, no jokes.

It really was a "where have you been all my life" moment.

Just 3", that's your problem right there - no jokes, please. I found a brush like this one but much longer ...

... and did ten panels in 3 hrs. That's 18 mins each AND I've got a dodgy shoulder at the moment so had to share the work with my slower left hand.

I said, no jokes.

It really was a "where have you been all my life" moment.
I also bought a 4" brush as the slats were 4" wide and I thought they'd be easier to stain..

I tried it but found the 3" one was better at getting in all the corners and edges so I stuck with that..

One thing I did learn though is, whether it's with a 3", 4" or a 6" brush, I won't be doing it again ..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.