Joe Hart (continued)

GaudinoMotors

RandomJ said:
GaudinoMotors said:
RandomJ said:
Or try just deleting your comment which would be the most sensible thing you would do all night.

Why - because it isn't what you think? I think I'll stick with my view if it's ok with you.
He's obviously still struggling with confidence and form. Making everything look difficult at the moment.

How though? He could have done better with the Alves goal I agree but I thought he did everything else well. The long range shot he parried and got the rebound first, he claimed crosses in the air and punched away corners. Penalties are a lottery so you can't blame keepers for those. I'd put the blame for the Alves goal more on Clichy losing his man than Hart.

Fair enough - for me he punched when he could have caught, certainly Pants would have. The parry was fortunate, he actually meant to tip it over or wide. Distribution wise he's consistently poor, throwing too late and indecisive. Then there's the Alves goal.
Was a great keeper but something has gone wrong. I think he really responded to the coach he had before and is struggling with the new one.
There was a time when it was a huge setback if he wasn't in the team - now I'm indifferent.

RandomJ said:
Yates said:
Is Joe's positioning poor or is he needlessly punching a lot of cross balls? It's frustrating that this has become the norm for goalkeepers, so many times he can catch the ball but opts to punch it

The coaches tell them to do that. If you go to catch the ball and fuck it up you give away a goal whereas the safer option is to punch it as far away from the goal as possible.
The problem modern keepers have is the lack of weight in the ball makes it much more difficult to catch cleanly.

Yates said:
Is Joe's positioning poor or is he needlessly punching a lot of cross balls? It's frustrating that this has become the norm for goalkeepers, so many times he can catch the ball but opts to punch it
I agree, there was a shot in the match that was easy to catch but for reasons unknown to us he decided to parry it and then scramble to retrieve it. Strange really, it could still be a lack of belief or confidence in his game that rarely shows when Pants is in net. To me there is a big difference how the defence behaves when the two goalies are playing, against Chelsea Pants caught everything and took the heat off the defence where as Hart tends to parry or punch the ball giving the opposition chance to press again.

If Pants was in goal he would have caught those crosses and thrown them out to score, instead of punching them out to knowhere. He did ok tonight

A 1 goal deficit you could take but being 2 behind already going into the Nou Camp is irreversible you would think & it is probably for this that Joe will come in for some flak but aside from the Alves goal, he didn't do badly. At this level though every mistake will be punished. Clichy shouldn't have lost his man but I just think had Hart stayed on his line, the shot from Alves would not have been as inviting or Hart might even have even got to it but as was, it seemed all too easy. A hard one to take. In any case, I think you will only go so far with MDM at CB. The CL is a bridge too far at the minute. This could still be one of our best seasons yet. I hope Joe prospers from now til the end of the season but it appears with speculation regards Casillas that MP is on the lookout like Mancini was before him.

One thing that frustrates me is that he takes forever to release the ball, lets the opposition set time and time again.

Armaan said:
One thing that frustrates me is that he takes forever to release the ball, lets the opposition set time and time again.
He did this way too often again last night, he seems to love holding on to the ball and running to the edge of the area only to then wait and then kick it aimlessly up field or out of play.

Too often he has the ball and everyone infront of him is just walking up the pitch. He has no choice but to hold onto it or try and get it to the furthest player up the pitch.

As soon as Hart as the ball the whole team needs to push out completely and go up the pitch, too often we sat back.

thought he was great last night. distribution was pinpoint everytime to a city player, even when it looked like no options were available. some "fans" need to give their head a wobble

Captain Oats said:
thought he was great last night. distribution was pinpoint everytime to a city player, even when it looked like no options were available. some "fans" need to give their head a wobble

Whilst I stil believe he is a very very good keeper his distribution most certainly wasnt pinpoint every time, 3 times in the first half knocked dead balls down Pique's throat when Negredo was stood 10-15 yards away next to Mascherano.

Penalty you can do fuck all about (although I cant remember off the top of my head him ever saving 1 for us) but the 2nd goal there is absolutely no need to come out, the angle Alves is at when he reaches the ball there is no chance whatsoever of him putting it in the net if Joe is stood on his line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.