Joe Hart

Always talks well of city and more importantly the fans. Never heard him bad mouth the club when he probably could have have a few sly digs.

seemed to have lost his way for a few years but glad to see he is back and playing well. Good on him.

Maybe a stretch to think he could get back in the England set up but if Pickford/pope/Ramsdale/Tom Heaton is the current pool to choose from then stranger things have happened.

Whatever happened between him and pep? I remember hearing rumours at the time, but nothing concrete

I liked Joe but I think time has shown Pep was right.
For the style Pep wants Joe was an old school goalie whose first reaction was to use his feet, and when he did, the ball often landed in Level One. He was a great stopper, and saved our bacon more than once - the 0-0 at Tottenham, IIRC, and then the Dortmund game where he was superb. And let's not forget the backhand save from the GrannyShagger's fifty yarder!

Pep ultimately made the right call with Ederson but let's not forget he replaced Hart with Claudio Bravo.
They say keepers are mad. Bravo was terrible for us at the start, then really good when he came back in for cup games. Joe was brilliant for us, then completely lost it. Glad he's now playing well.
Joe signed his own death warrant at City. Pre season game, practising our new play it from the back style, Joe kicked it long every time. Pep did his nut. Bye Joe.

The best goalkeeping performance ever against Dortmund big joe will always be a blue to me
I would argue that his best performance was on the opening day of the 2010/11 season at Spurs. He was phenomenal, though I agree that he was outstanding against Dortmund too.

I think the best save i saw him make was against Swansea:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.