joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did none of you watch City v Villa in League Cup last year? Pantillimon was absolutely shocking. Our FA Cup games were v Championship teams! On what evidence are you deciding that he should keep?

That said Joe looks awful & I've said for a long time that we should buy a keeper that will give him true competition for his place. He was at his best when Given was in the wings waiting to take over.

He needs to stop the stupid shampoo nonsense too! Top chap tho!

Doing the catwalk with Lescott is a joke. Bet that Cardiff used their spare time to practice set pieces and it paid off...

:)

jg2886 said:
Did none of you watch City v Villa in League Cup last year? Pantillimon was absolutely shocking. Our FA Cup games were v Championship teams! On what evidence are you deciding that he should keep?

That said Joe looks awful & I've said for a long time that we should buy a keeper that will give him true competition for his place. He was at his best when Given was in the wings waiting to take over.

He needs to stop the stupid shampoo nonsense too! Top chap tho!

Pants was perfect in the FA Cup. Hardly put a foot wrong. He wasn't called on much until the Semi but when he was he did everything that was needed. Against Chelsea he played superbly, making one world class save at full stretch as Mata tried to round him.

I didn't see him against Villa in the cup but one bad game shouldn't be held against him, especially when Hart has had so many.

plongo said:
Yes
Mancini wanted to sell Hart. Didn't rate him thought he was weak on his left side
David platt on Al Jazeera said, If me and Mancini was still at city Joe Hart would not of been there , we had plans to bring in and replace him with
Azimir Begovich from Stoke.

Absolutely nothing to lose by dropping Hart for Costel. He's regressed to a significant degree since his form of 3 seasons ago. The catwalks shows are becoming an embarrassment.

Same goes for YaYa Toure as far as I am concerned. The guy's lack of effort yesterday was pathetic no matter how many 5 yard passes he completed to Garcia or Lescott. His passing over 20+ yards was dreadful. Fed up of him walking around in 1st gear when a tackle needs to be made.

No doubt that Hart has the ability to be one of the best in the world, so any talk of getting rid is wrong IMO.

Can't be afraid of the big decisions though, and I would certainly drop him if there's not an immediate upturn in his performances. Then it will be down to him to see how he reacts - if he throws his toys out of the pram leave him on the bench a bit longer.

Who knows why keepers suddenly forget how to play - it doesn't seem to be a lack of confidence with Hart, perhaps quite the opposite in his case. He certainly seems to be a huge fan of himself. The coaches need to step up their effort and need to work with him - whether the problem is on the field or off it.

Think it was Mancini who immediately identified he had a concentration problem, which upset Joe but certainly brought out the best in him for a while...

All that said, a good defence makes a good keeper great, so get Vinny and Nastasic back in front of him and he'll have far less to worry about. A new central defensive signing is essential now and has been all pre-season. Disappointing that it hasn't been resolved.

Also concerned that we have abandoned the solid at the back philosophy that the old regime prided themselves on in favour of an instruction to play 'attractive' football at all costs. Think results the like of yesterday will be far more common this season than we have been used to - just got to hope that the wins are more frequent and emphatic to balance it out...

personally think a spell on the bench for joe and yaya would be beneficial to end all this" billy big bollocks stuff",in yaya,s case he needs to put the effort in,not just when he feels like it,and im afraid joe just needs reminding that if you dont concentrate 100%then you wont play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.