Joey Barton

Blue Smarties

Is it only me who generally admires Joey Barton? If we had the guy in our team he wouldn't let anyone sit around to simply collect the pay packet. Would be much better than Gareth Barry with the quality of players around him. Apparently Gareth Barry is here to tackle, pass and make a few runs and grab the odd goal or two from outside the box. Joey Barton would do all of that to a higher standard and give 100%. Don't let his previous off the pitch antics blind you, the guy has serious talent and would boss the midfield with De Jong next to him.

I'll just cap off with a few wise words from Joey himself, my personal favourite is the one directed to Lampard the judgemental "fat prick".

"England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like shit, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't." (Barton's thoughts on England players releasing autobiographies after an unsuccessful World Cup campaign).

"It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat prick."
(Barton's reported reaction following Frank Lampard's decision to move tables at England's training camp in order to avoid him).

"You have to face facts. We have not brought quality in. One or two have done all right but not enough to take the team onto the next level. We can't gamble on players who have scored six goals in six games in the fucking Pontins League or in Belgium. I know a lot of the supporters are umming and ahhing about whether to buy their season tickets. They go out and work hard. It is a lot of money to buy a season ticket at our place and they are not getting value for money." (Barton giving his opinion on the situation at Manchester City during the 2006-07 season).

"When people talk about my dark days, when I sit down and think about it - the misdemeanours I've had, with the things that go on in the real world, - the things I have done are stupid and foolish. But they are not war crimes. That's what gets me. When footballers are on the front page and on page seven is something about soldiers dying or floods or the real tragedies in this world, I ask myself how we can justify that." (Barton questioning whether modern-day footballers receive too much media coverage).

Can't say I admire him, mainly due to the fact that he is a Grade A c**t. What I will say though is that he is a better footballer than he gets credit for.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w897VuJfXQI[/youtube]

I admire his role model stautus...

Barton is better player than he gets credit for, but nowhere near the talent to make his behaviour tolerable for any top team. He could have got more of his talent if he had the right mindset. And i dont blame Lampard one bit for not wanting to sit next to a guy like barton. Say what you want about fat frank, but he's a true professional and from everything we seen a good bloke

Jack74 said:
Barton is better footballer than he is given credit for

MCFC OK

Without doubt. And if he'd had kept his head down he could have been brilliant for us over the past few years. We were desperate for a player like him when we got the takeover and SWP, Stevie and Robinho were constantly getting bullied.

gooney said:
Barton is better player than he gets credit for, but nowhere near the talent to make his behaviour tolerable for any top team. He could have got more of his talent if he had the right mindset. And i dont blame Lampard one bit for not wanting to sit next to a guy like barton. Say what you want about fat frank, but he's a true professional and from everything we seen a good bloke
Yep, a true pro who abuses tourists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.