John Cooper Clarke Appreciation Thread

Ducado

Team supported
City
We seem to have a few of these threads but not many recently to Salfords finest poet

Just browsing through Youtube and this classic popped up, I think the Right wing nut jobs on here will enjoy it first released in 1977 (I remember my cousin having it I was far to young to buy records then) but the message is still very pertinent in 2015, be careful what you wish for

He opened for Squeeze a couple of weeks ago.
Superb.
Even had the audience joining in at the end of "Twat".

We seem to have a few of these threads but not many recently to Salfords finest poet

Just browsing through Youtube and this classic popped up, I think the Right wing nut jobs on here will enjoy it first released in 1977 (I remember my cousin having it I was far to young to buy records then) but the message is still very pertinent in 2015, be careful what you wish for

One of my favourite smack heads

First saw him at Liverpool University about 1980. Saw him at Festival No.6 last year and then again in Liverpool about 2 months ago. He hasn't lost it. And makes me laugh a lot. Anyone taking the piss put of Bono has to be good.

Pretty sure my Aunt is a friend of his on Facebook, or connected by a group thing on there. She went to school with him, same class for 10 years. She said he was always the quiet lad in school who was great in English classes.

He opened for Squeeze a couple of weeks ago.
Superb.
Even had the audience joining in at the end of "Twat".

If you mean the one at the Bridgewater - I thought he sounded pissed, quite a few of the poems were just mumbled and said so fast that you simply couldn't understand a a word of them.

And his jokes - really do need updating as its been some time since we saw Ladas on our roads.

Did enjoy what I could understand though, had already heard a lot and even bought a book of his stuff off ebay ;-)

Always liked JCC ... one of our finer lyricists. Beasley Street being the stand-out track for me (I'm a fan of Martin Hannett's work too).

I went to see him at The George Robey, Finsbury Park circa 1988, at which time one of his legs was in plaster to the upper thigh. Some dickhead behind me was barracking him throughout his set, to the point where Johnny cracked and threw a bottle (Becks, I think) at this guy. The bottle flew straight between me and my then girlfriend, and planted this guy square on the forehead. Probably would've been okay at cricket too, our Johnny.

If you mean the one at the Bridgewater - I thought he sounded pissed, quite a few of the poems were just mumbled and said so fast that you simply couldn't understand a a word of them.

And his jokes - really do need updating as its been some time since we saw Ladas on our roads.

Did enjoy what I could understand though, had already heard a lot and even bought a book of his stuff off ebay ;-)

It was the Bridgewater and when has he not sounded just as you describe him?
I blamed the sound system because I couldn't understand a word that celebrity gate crasher and talentless bore Peter Kaye said either, or indeed most of the band's songs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.