John Guidetti

Jordan CTID said:
Seems very similar to Edin in my opinion. The way that he cuts inside and the way that he strikes the ball are very similar.

Guidetti isn't as lanky and doesn't look so uncoordinated.
Guidetti is also a very good dribbler.

mgreenz97 said:
Jordan CTID said:
Seems very similar to Edin in my opinion. The way that he cuts inside and the way that he strikes the ball are very similar.

How many times have watched Gudetti?

Jordan CTID said:

much better first touch and dribbling ability

Kun Aguero said:
mgreenz97 said:
Jordan CTID said:

Only a couple of game for Feyenoord, and a lot of higlight videos on youtube.
You disagree?

Jordan CTID said:
I think they're quite similar in the way they want to play the game. Both like to run the channels if possible and both have quite imposing figures which means that when they've got their back to goal they shield the ball well and each's body 'obstructs' the opponent's view of the ball, making it easier for them to turn as we see Edin do quite often.
Then when around the area, if possible, both like to get a shot off quickly. However, in terms of movement inside the box, Edin always looks for the tap in at the back post whereas John more often than not will look to run across his defender to the near post.

While I'd say Edin is a better finisher, John has a better first touch and is a better dribbler when it comes to 'little touches'.

mgreenz97 said:
Kun Aguero said:
mgreenz97 said:

Only a couple of game for Feyenoord, and a lot of higlight videos on youtube.
You disagree?

To be honest mate I've only watched a full game of his once, he scored a hat-trick V Ajax(and a Youtube video of his goals but Youtube can make DJ Campbell look better than Falcao.) based on how well he did for Feyenoord and how young he is he should be giving a chance, we can't just keep buying players, Ushited and Barca have brought through players so why can't we?

John confirmed here that he'll be one of the four strikers from now on so the days of four high profile expensive strikers are over... and rightfully so, IMO.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article16234598.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 6234598.ab</a>

"I have been chosen to be one of the four strikers, so have achieved a goal. I'm taking it one step at a time."

LoveCity said:
John confirmed here that he'll be one of the four strikers from now on so the days of four high profile expensive strikers are over... and rightfully so, IMO.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article16234598.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 6234598.ab</a>

"I have been chosen to be one of the four strikers, so have achieved a goal. I'm taking it one step at a time."

In Rotterdam, a medical inspection at Feyenoord.

When told John Guidetti, 20, that he replaces Mario Balotelli, 22, of Manchester City.

- I have been selected to be one of four strikers, says Guidetti to television station RTV Rijnmond.

A bad fried chicken was John Guidetti away from football for nine months. He has now made several reserve team matches with City and approaching form.

On Wednesday, he went to Rotterdam to meet his old doctor in Feyenoord for a routine check. And it is obvious that he is very popular in the Dutch big club.

"Always Beautiful"

Several hundred Feyenoord fans received 20-year-old at the Training Centre in Rotterdam.

- It's always great to be home, says Guidetti to television station RTV Rijnmond.

- There is a final check with the doctor. Since he was the first who examined me, so it feels right that he be the last.

Guidetti signed autographs and was photographed with the fans.

- It was fun. I've been away for a while and it's always special to see them again. I think they think it's fun to meet me too, says striker.

- I was in the locker room, too, talked with the players and got me a few laughs. It's fun to meet them and see that it goes well for them, they can win the title.

"Try to beat me in the City"

Then Guidetti questions whether he can return to Feyenoord. 20-year-old chose to talk about his future at Manchester City and told that he replaces Mario Balotelli, who left for Milan, as the fourth striker in the English club.

- I'll try to turn me into the City's A-squad and take a seat there. I have been chosen to be one of four strikers, so I have achieved a goal. I'm taking one step at a time, that's my focus now, he said.

- But I will never forget this place.

Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero goes before Guidetti in the current situation.

In English.

Some right muppets on Bluemoon - no wonder I don't post much nowadays. Can't be bothered going through the thread, after reading a few comments comparing Guidetti to Dzeko. DZEKO is ALREADY an established TOP striker, who will NOT be overtaken by Guidetti for at least a season or two (actually, never in my opinion, but that is only an opinion, not fact). I can see Edin becoming more important next season, as we inevitably lose/dump Tevez in the summer.

Guidetti - slower than Dzeko and definitely not a better dribbler etc as some have wildly claimed. That said, he does have huge potential, but can't see him getting Prem time - more likely, he will play in the Cups etc. next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.